Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trains, snow trains

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, It refers to a 'lead price' suggesting you could pay more.

However, it is quite a palaver to check all dates. Here are highlights from the article. Members can get the full SP on the club website

Eurostar tickets on sale next week
Monday 16 July 2007
Members have exclusive fares
Book discounted
Eurostar Ski Train tickets

Eurostar take Ski Club members direct to the French Alps –
at a fantastic price

ON SALE 24th July 2007

Ski Club member EXCLUSIVE:
from only £120* on the Eurostar direct Ski Train service

The Eurostar Ski Train provides easy, hassle-free access to some of Europe’s top ski resorts; Courchevel, Méribel, Tignes, Val d’Isère, Les Arcs and La Plagne. You can choose from two weekly services departing from Eurostar's new home London St Pancras International or Ashford (Kent) direct to Bourg St-Maurice, Moûtiers & Aime La Plagne. This will be Eurostar's first ski service departing from St Pancras International, which will be their new central London home from 14 November 2007.

Travel by day, sit back in your seat and marvel at the spectacular scenery. Or if you’d rather spend every minute on the slopes, take the evening train both ways and you’ll get eight days of skiing instead of the usual six!

The Ski Train runs from 22nd December 2007 until 13th April 2008**. All you need to decide is whether to take the evening train on the Friday (allowing you to spend the whole next day on the piste) or the day train – leaving on Saturday morning and arriving in time for an evening meal at your resort.

Book your tickets today for peak dates –
these will sell out fast!

>For more information on Eurostar, visit www.eurostar.com/ski
>For more information on the members offer, visit www.skiclub.co.uk

* This offer is subject to availability and levels of availability may change. Please view the full terms and conditions of this Eurostar offer.

** First outbound night service is on Friday 28th December, first inbound night service is on Saturday 5th January 2008.
Search Archives
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, thanks for that, I let my SCGB membership lapse a few years ago (when i stopped taking packaged holidays) and im not too keen to rejoin unless i can be assured of some discounts.

Sounds like some deals are to be had on off peak weeks but as they just told me tuesday that feb half term was £269 and with very little availability im not sure rejoining is worth a punt.

I am going to wait a while and see if i can book the couchette service Admin mentioned... but thanks again.... snowHead

Admin any idea when the couchette services are typically released? I tried to book but no services available as of yet, do they release 3 or 4 months prior or something like that?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
120 days for Eurostar to Paris and 90 days for the couchette Paris to Bourg
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, cheers will stick that in the diary Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All the deals are ramping up now - I found a few good places last time I searched, and the prices seemed cheaper than last year in general.

------------
I've said it before & will say it again:
Trains, Snow, & Boarding!

snow train freakout Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret wrote:
Latchigo, the 120 quid price you mention is that for any time of the year including peak half term times?

I am thinking about taking the overnight train to Bourg 14-22 March so I have just phoned up Eurostar to enquire about SCGB discounts.

Current return fare for normal plebs = £209

Discounted fare for SCGB special people = £194.50

So not worth taking out SCGB membership if all you want from it is the Eurostar "special offer" IMHO. Confused

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 5-09-07 15:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin wrote:
Gare du Nord does not have a left luggage facility.

Gare du Nord does have left luggage - on the RHS as you come off the platforms, down some stairs
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:
admin wrote:
Gare du Nord does not have a left luggage facility.

Gare du Nord does have left luggage - on the RHS as you come off the platforms, down some stairs
Really?! Shocked
I enquired on a number of occassions and the answer was always 'No'.

I'll keep a look out for it next time I go through GDN. Any further hints to its location?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I fail to understand why they don't pitch the week-ender market direct from London....

ie with a train out on Friday (that is available) but back on sunday night arriving monday morning that way you could happily ski saturday and sundays...arrive at work monday knackered for a weeks rest perfect...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cfc5mu0, I agree, for a company that is losing tons of money there seems to be a strong market for a daily direct to the alps...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
cfc5mu0, I agree, for a company that is losing tons of money there seems to be a strong market for a daily direct to the alps...

That would be perfect!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cfc5mu0, wondered the same myself....snowheads train charter?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cfc5mu0 wrote:
I fail to understand why they don't pitch the week-ender market direct from London....

ie with a train out on Friday (that is available) but back on sunday night arriving monday morning that way you could happily ski saturday and sundays...arrive at work monday knackered for a weeks rest perfect...

Aye, just wait for that 6feet of powder up North that we're going to get this winter, then turnup at Euston and jump on a ScotRail sleeper! Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin, The left luggage facility certainly existed in 2006 - We tried to use it on Dec 23rd ish last year - and have been in it - it is down the stairs near one end of the station - and fairly well signed as we found it Madeye-Smiley but it was completely full that day rolling eyes
We only wanted a briefish stay for the bags while eating before coming home on Eurostar. It may be of interest that the Hippopotamus restaurant opposite the entrance made us and our bags very welcome - tho we didn't have skis. Think they are fairly used to being asked as both that restaurant and the one at Charles de Gaulle had spaces to leave bags - tho not secure - but we were only the other side of a low wall at the airport and at Gare du Nord I recall it was an area that was relatively out of sight.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cfc5mu0 wrote:

Only if you live in, or very close, to London tho, anywhere else (even here in the South West) it's not viable to be back in work Monday.

There are other advantages to being elsewhere in the country though... like not living and working in London/the SE Laughing
snow conditions
Latchigo wrote:

Rather unhelpful of the rail people to switch from Waterloo though. It means a tube journey across the capital now for some of us.

The bunch of rozzers !! Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy