Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aime 2000 Ski schools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking the family to Aime 2000 during the February half term and want to organise 3 or 4 private lessons. We used Evolution2 in Val D'Isere last year who were excellent but don't cover Aime 2000. Anyone know any good schools. ESF won't do private lessons in half term apparently. Any tips on the place also gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martyngb, Magic in Motion are great and do private lessons. Don't know if they are based in Aime 2000 but are in Plagne Centre (i think, they did private lessons for people in our chalet last year anyway) http://www.magicinmotion.co.uk/

Have a great trip, I'm doing a season in Plagne 1800 and can't wait now!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martyngb, its a 2 minute ski stright to the meeting points in Plagne Centre

Chris Downey, Where abouts are you working (if you are working) as a big group of us are of to 1800 in jan
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
ESF won't do private lessons in half term apparently

Not always easy to arrange, but given sufficient notice, not impossible. Unless it's a La Plagne thing. Did the ESF there put that in writing?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, i wouldn't stress about the ESF thing IMO they are poor anyway!

Frosty the Snowman, My Girlfriend and are working for ski beat running a chalet (Chalet Marine).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Downey, 30 of us are in Chalet Jasmine (nr Chairlift) with Silver Ski
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Downey wrote:
PG, i wouldn't stress about the ESF thing IMO they are poor anyway!

I think we've done this thread elsewhere! In passing, to defend the ESF a little, the vast majority of the coaching my daughter's had has been with ESF-trained instructors, and despite this great handicap Wink - and being considerably younger than the other racers - she still managed to win a slalom and GS at the Meribel GB Children's Championship in April, 4 to 5 seconds in front of the other 92 girls. Same applies to Jack Breton, a British 1992 boy, UK resident, who she skis with. His training has been with the ESF and hardly anyone else. He is in a class of his own in his age group, no British boy is even close. Thanks to the ESF!

You need look no further than Alain Falcoz (speaks great English) from the Meribel ESF if you find yourself in that neck of the woods... and if you get down to the southern Alps, Les Orres, ask for Stéphane Gibert. None better, Brits included...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm with PG on this. ESF may be bad in come places, but that is not my experience of La Plagne. Rosie and Tom went from anxious beginners to confident 2-stars in Montchavin. Then the Belle Plagne ESF school took them through to Gold Star and Racing Standard. I, and many colleagues, have been using the Belle Plagne ESF school every year since 1998. I have no complaints.

martyngb, I have posted you a reply to your similar query on the ski club forum. I can't find evidence of any schools in Aime 2000 (surprising...). I have always managed to get private ESF lessons in half term (Courchevel, Montchavin, Belle Plagne). As Frosty says, it is an easy ski down to Plagne Centre where you will find ESF, Antenne Handicap (+33 479 09 13 80) and Oxygène (+33 479 09 03 99)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy