Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour de France -- Elite Athletes

Poster: A snowHead
Good article on the fitness requirements of an elite TDF cyclist.

A big heart, big lungs and lean muscle are among the main attributes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6273202.stm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Capacity for EPO, Doctor's certificate for Asthma meds?

wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's no denying that these guys are super fit but my impression is that to get anywhere in pro cycling you've gotta be a druggy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And that much cycling can make your nether regions go numb.... (I was married to a triathlete. Stress on the *was*).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clara_jo, Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
clara_jo, was that because he had trouble with his nether regions
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought that was what bananas were for wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brock, he did - but not in the way I've implied Wink Once he got into triathlon he had trouble keeping his nether region in his pants. But apparently he felt slightly numb with all the women he slept with whilst married to me Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pro cyclists bodies are mutants.

they are 100% dedicated and have an amazing pain threshold even pushing flat out in a time trial is incredibly stressful to the lungs, muscles and the back let alone climbing the mont de ventoux, just have a look out of the coach window next time you take a trip to tignes or alp d' huez and think how difficult it is to climb at 10-15km per hour + for such distances. ...... and then do another 20 days of high endurance cycling.

the great cyclists generally have bodies which are somehow abnormal but useful for the sport.

Miguel Indurain had a huge heart and huge lung capacity, Lance Armstrong ended up with a cycling specific muscle, fat, bone ratio due to his cancer.

pro cyclists do massive amounts of training.

pro cyclists really Be Nice please! with their diet - a simple day in the tour de france uses 6000+ calories, imagine replacing that every day for 21 days where you don't stop for lunch and you can't have a massive breakfast because you have to jump on a bike and stress your body. and in the evening you are incredibly tired so eating a huge dinner is again tricky.

These dudes eat crazy food items, lots of isotonic and sugar gels and juices and when they finish the day's race most of them get intravenous isotonic sugars, minerals and fluid replacement. Try 1 day on these isotnic and sugar gels ... they are disgusting and they screw with your insides!

Yes 90% were / are on blood doping, growth hormones and EPO but heh that is just the sport, still even with all the drugs the race is still incredibly difficult.

Personally i don't care, last year the 'Landis story' was amazing, the comeback after he cracked on the mountain was absolutely brilliant viewing. I will be disappointed if he is charged guilty and I am a gullible believer but ... it is still a great feat either way.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is the Tour being televised this year? I can't seem to find it on the EPG. Really miss Phil Liggett, Gary Imlach and co. on Channel 4 Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yoda, it's on ITV4 - a mixture of live & highlights.

In fact it's on right now "Presented by Gary Imlach, with commentary by Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen, and reports from Ned Boulting."
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier, thanks Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Even though there seem to be more minutes of "Text Girls" than cycling rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd need a serous amount of 'medication' to achieve five minutes of what they produce for five hours! I hate that it needs chemical help to guarantee the 'win', I admire the sheer quality of mind and fitness that's needed to get into the teams that supply the chemicals . . . The 'Tour' without drugs would be no less exciting for the spectator but much more a lottery for the sponsors . . . and that wouldn't do, would it?
Want to stop doping? Write and tell the CEOs of the sponsoring companies that you're embargoing their products etc. and we'll see a change in attitude to doping.
ski holidays
The TDF is so good, because they are all packing roids. It makes for a great spectacle.

They should allow a free-for-all in the Olympix. Watching a 7-second 100-meter race would be wicked.

Having said that, it is alleged that the average professional cyclist has a life expectancy 15 years less than the general population. Hammering it about on a bike every day is not good for you.
ski holidays
why just because someone wins it, they are automatically assumed to be on performance enhancing drugs. lance armstrong has to be the most tested guy on the planet. yes it is rampant through that sport, but its not right to assume everyone is doping
ski holidays
Tell me about this off-the-front-of-the-saddle sitting-on-top-tube arms-on-brakes-tucked-into-hips descending gig? Anyone tried it?
snow conditions
Yoda,

I think Eurosport carry it live
snow report
JT wrote:
I think Eurosport carry it live

They do. It was also on Das Erste today while Eurosport was showing the end of the Moto GP.

It was interesting watching the stage up to Tignes today. You get a much better sense of the gaps when you know the roads that they are using.
latest report
comprex, only on skis
snow report
ZDF were showing it, but they aren't any more. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy