Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg Snow !

Poster: A snowHead
Snow maybe rain tomorrow up to high level
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Incredibly warm yesterday just like skiing in last April,s heatwave !

Anyway,being Saturday empty slopes & Terraces therefore a great day.

Going to be another HOT one today freezing level way above Valluga summit !

Not much change until Wednesday at earliest . Alot of slides on the steeper parts are now happening over night. Piste Snow holding up .

I personally would not bother booking any off piste guiding with the current conditions. You would need to hike kms into the wilderness to find any untracked snow & you cannot do that on a day outing Very Happy

The American Daron Rahlves (St Anton World Championships 2001 Super GS Winner) was in town this week filming some scenes for the next Warren Millar movie !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stanton, How are things looking for the end of the week? I am coming out on Wednesday through Sunday. Any chance of any new snow?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take a look> warm but not as warm as l;ast two days.

http://wetter.networld.at/oesterreich/tirol/arlberg-galzig

It looks like rain lower down & in town during the day snow at night. Maybe Friday some more snow.

---------------------
Der weitere Trend

Am Donnerstag trocken und zeitweise sonnig. Höchstwerte: 8 bis 15 Grad.

Am Freitag und am Samstag wechselnd bis stark bewölkt, jederzeit Regenschauer und oberhalb von 1600 bis 2000m Schneeschauer. Im Gebirge starker bis stürmischer Westwind. Maximal 8 bis 13 Grad.
--------------------
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SNOW ALERT

Next Tuesday thru Thursday possible snow, also getting much colder
------------------------
Am Montag nicht mehr so windig. Wolken und Sonnenschein wechseln und es wird mild bei 11 bis 17 Grad. Am Dienstag bringt ein Adriatief Regen und Schneefall, die Schneefallgrenze sinkt allmählich auf 800 bis 400m und damit bis in die meisten Täler. Im Süden kommen große Regen und Schneemengen zusammen. Am Mittwoch zunehmend sonnig aber kalt.
-------------------------

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/index.cfm?section=dsplOOP&image=21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_SNOW_SFC_??_12Z
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
More rain tomorrow DONT book Off Piste complete waste of money. This time next week will be much better.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, isn't it good to have a guide when conditions are poor, they will find the best there is?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kartman wrote:
stanton, isn't it good to have a guide when conditions are poor, they will find the best there is?

Well yes but when conditions are poor (Rain) why waste money its not enjoyable. Just wait for better weather. At the moment everything is tracked out.
Tuesday onwards temperatures much cooler & Snow Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
woohoo Very Happy Arriving on Saturday...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
More rain tomorrow DONT book Off Piste complete waste of money. This time next week will be much better.

how is it looking now? i hear you had some snow tuesday and are expecting more at the weekend. Friends have arrived for the weekend today and next week its my turn, fri to tues, any ideas what we can expect?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Break from St Anton for a month.

In Telluride North America now. Skiing fantastic. Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
midgetbiker wrote:
stanton wrote:

how is it looking now? i hear you had some snow tuesday and are expecting more at the weekend. Friends have arrived for the weekend today and next week its my turn, fri to tues, any ideas what we can expect?

Taken from Pistetopowder's website ( http://www.pistetopowder.com/ )

Quote:
4th March - Today we had fresh snowfall! There was heavy snow in Stuben and the groups enjoyed skiing 20cm's of fresh powder from Maroi down to the waterfall and then on to Langen. It was a day of 'continuous face shots' for the level 4 group today. They skied the avalanche barrier couloir and the lift station couloir on Schindler and had amazing powder conditions all the way down. Rendl provided the groups with some nice powder as well, which was on a compact base. Although the bottom of Rendl was not as good with crusty and hard conditions. Milchboden, Star Wars and Albona North face also had some fresh powder to ski, although the light was quite flat.

5th March - Powder day!! Today is what we have been waiting for for a few weeks now. The level 2/3 group found deep powder by the Schongraben T-bar and it was so good they skied it 6 times!! Rossfall had such amazing powder today and the groups enjoyed making the first tracks in the sunshine. The snowboarders headed to Stuben where they enjoyed about 30cm's of fresh powder. This afternoon the Schindlergrat lift opened and the amount of fresh powder waiting for the groups was 'too good to describe'. The Ulmerhange had about 45cm's of fresh powder. There were so many happy faces in the Underground this afternoon and many comments of 'one of my best days ever'.

6th March - Sunshine and powder again today! The Valluga lifts opened today and the groups enjoyed skiing the first tracks in the powder on the North face. It was first tracks all the way down to Zurs, which meant the guide also had to make the tracks in the deep powder for the traverse out of the valley! The Valluga West face was 'absolutely great' with good powder to ski as well. There was also super powder to be found on Gampberg today. The wind has been quite strong in Stuben and there was windblown powder from Maroi by the waterfall down to Langen. At the top of Albonagrat the snow was also windblown, although the lower section by the Kaltenberg hut was still good powder. Star Wars this afternoon was very windblown. There were many slab avalanches to be seen today and especially on Albona North face.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from Lech. We arrived last Sunday in the rain and 10 degrees C. Yesterday it was -23 in the village at 8.00am. Had amazing snowfall and the pistes / off piste were transformed. We skied Lech, Zurs, Stuben and St.Anton. I think St.Anton got the bum deal as the conditions were far better in Lech/Zurs. (Plus St.Anton is full of nutters who can't ski. It's just a rumour that it's a resort for the hard core). There isn't anything there (on piste) that's tougher than anywhere else in the Arlberg. Having dissed St.Anton, my favourite run of yesterday was coming down the blue Valfagher (can't spell it) which was covered in soft snow moguls and were a delight to fly over!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
erica2004, couldn't agree more with you about Lech/Zurs versus St Anton. If you go off-piste, it gets wild at St Anton, but most of the hoards don't and just hurtle down slick runs at high speed. We used to hide on Rendl where it was quieter. IMHO better quality snow and much smaller crowds, along with still darn fine on-off piste terrain, can be found up the valley, especially during a big dump when the road gets closed

Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
erica2004, great stuff - thanks for the heads up. couldn't decide between St-A and Lech... have now... Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
DB wrote:
midgetbiker wrote:
stanton wrote:

Taken from Pistetopowder's website ( http://www.pistetopowder.com/ )

Quote:
4th March - Today we had fresh snowfall! There was heavy snow in Stuben and the groups enjoyed skiing 20cm's of fresh powder from Maroi down to the waterfall and then on to Langen. It was a day of 'continuous face shots' for the level 4 group today. They skied the avalanche barrier couloir and the lift station couloir on Schindler and had amazing powder conditions all the way down. Rendl provided the groups with some nice powder as well, which was on a compact base. Although the bottom of Rendl was not as good with crusty and hard conditions. Milchboden, Star Wars and Albona North face also had some fresh powder to ski, although the light was quite flat.

5th March - Powder day!! Today is what we have been waiting for for a few weeks now. The level 2/3 group found deep powder by the Schongraben T-bar and it was so good they skied it 6 times!! Rossfall had such amazing powder today and the groups enjoyed making the first tracks in the sunshine. The snowboarders headed to Stuben where they enjoyed about 30cm's of fresh powder. This afternoon the Schindlergrat lift opened and the amount of fresh powder waiting for the groups was 'too good to describe'. The Ulmerhange had about 45cm's of fresh powder. There were so many happy faces in the Underground this afternoon and many comments of 'one of my best days ever'.

6th March - Sunshine and powder again today! The Valluga lifts opened today and the groups enjoyed skiing the first tracks in the powder on the North face. It was first tracks all the way down to Zurs, which meant the guide also had to make the tracks in the deep powder for the traverse out of the valley! The Valluga West face was 'absolutely great' with good powder to ski as well. There was also super powder to be found on Gampberg today. The wind has been quite strong in Stuben and there was windblown powder from Maroi by the waterfall down to Langen. At the top of Albonagrat the snow was also windblown, although the lower section by the Kaltenberg hut was still good powder. Star Wars this afternoon was very windblown. There were many slab avalanches to be seen today and especially on Albona North face.

I did say snow would come this week.
snow report
pretty lovely day today in St. Anton - blue skis till about 3. Pistes pretty firm but good for cruising, odd lumps could still be found, generally look ok since the dump last week, bit more due tomorrow and quite a bit saturday night

great first day covered most of the st.anton side of the moutiain with a little trip over to stuben...fun fun fun. Stopped in the galzig bar @ 15:50 for a cheeky one to let the queues go. Black 2 was wicked with just us on it, but still ' happy valley' was a bit busy...

...moosewirt rammed from about 15:30..
latest report
Cool

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 11-03-08 8:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
My local Farmer contacts report a good dump starting Saturday evening continuing throughout sunday.
ski holidays
Excellent - fingers crossed as I arrive on Sunday early afternoon
snow report
stanton wrote:
My local Farmer contacts report a good dump starting Saturday evening continuing throughout sunday.

Excellent, arriving friday lunch to enjoy that weekend powder thats due. Anyone whos about fri-tues and knows the local offpiste spots to hit we would appreciate any tips or guiding. Very Happy
latest report
well if i thought mond was good - tuesday was sublime, decent amount of fresh overnight, hit first runs on rendl with blue skies and fresh pow. All the upper lifts (riffel 2 & gampberg) were open and a great mornings skiing was had. Lunch down the bottom of the hill and then did some runs on the galzig side,. then over to nasserein for the toboganing, which unfortunately was close due to too much snow..

snowed hard all night, but wed was less good as cold/windy/overcast and raining hard at valley level - snowline appeared to be at 1800m, very little open am apart from rendl, Still quite good fun as long as you didn't mind where you were going.and the odd coffe break. main side of the moutain, nothing open apart from Gampen & G;lazig bahn (prob to keep the KK & Moose owners happy)

Sacked it off around 2pm, and got very wet skiing back. Seeems now to have stopped raining, will be more snow tonight probably and some tomorrow. Avalanche cannons have just been going off again, seems a bit strange for 17:15 local but hey..

As of 18:20 local now snowing to village level.
snow conditions
The farmer forecast has been revised & the predicted weekend snow has been moved futher up next week possibly starting Tuesday night & dumping for about 3 days !!!
ski holidays
If anyone wants to use the internet cafe in St Anton it's best to get there early before all the farmers pile in to check up on the weather Wink
ski holidays
The last ski instructor I skied with in St Anton was a farmer. Great character. Hard-bitten, uncompromising.

I told him I was a scribbler and he looked at my hands. "I can tell" he said.

He pulled out his hands and they were huge.

Their typing must be f**king hopeless - what size are the keyboards in there?
snow conditions
Hi arriving Saturday 15th for a wek.
Any advise for a new intermediate on the best / easier runs in the resort -we have 2 days private tution booked but any advice would be useful!

Cheers
martin a
snow conditions
Intermittent rain/snow mix at resort level last week and was snowing heavily when we left on Sunday. Some random pics below:

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/st%20anton/?action=view&current=STUBEN.jpg
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/st%20anton/?action=view&current=Piste.jpg
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/st%20anton/?action=view&current=STUBEN2.jpg
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/st%20anton/?action=view&current=STUBEN1.jpg
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/st%20anton/?action=view&current=Schindler.jpg
snow report
Arriving at StA early Sunday evening providing Innsbruck airport's snowploughs don't break down. wink

Nice photos Fishwins and I saw this one in your Engelberg album ...

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/rugbug_bucket/Engelberg/?action=view&current=Nice.jpg

... It's more interesting than a jester's hat but what I just can't understand is why would he ? Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moffatross, the final approach into Innsbruck Airport is always the scariest part for me. Add a bit of snow on the runway and you could be in for a pretty exciting flight Smile . Have a good time in St A. Expect the piste and off-piste to be v busy. Rendl and Stuben were the quietest areas last week, though more competition for untracked snow in Rendl, hence, no photos from that area!

As for the one-piece : would you rather give up skiiing altogether or wear that thing? Very Happy
latest report
Got back from St Anton last night, it was snowing everyday except saturday! Had over a foot one day and the base is now v big at altitude. Powder was heavy mid mountain down but still ***kin awesome. forecast appears to be for more of the same upto easter so the only fly in the ointment is poor visibility and being VERY careful on the slip front as the thaw/sun followed by heavy snow is well dodgy. Lots of area connecting lifts were closed and we guessed this was to limit how far off piste you could get. Cannons were banging away all the time and you could hear BIG slips resulting. Skiing on even slightly steep slopes you were setting of small slips on turn completion. So please be careful but get out there and enjoy it, we bloody did. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
http://www.hospiz.com/images/webcam/image.jpg

Some serious dumping today I think Wink

Fishwins, I'd never give up skiing altogether and even if I was just nubs I think I might try to find a way, so the one-piece it is then Smile

Midgetbiker, there've been a few avvys in the Scottish Highlands over the last few days too ...

http://www.strathspey-herald.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/2633/Avalanche_alert_to_climbers.html

... and when I was back of Nevis last Saturday, I managed to shift a couple of slabs even then on supposedly blasted terrain. I think our group will all be proceeding with caution in St A. next week.
snow report
Over 60cm of snow has fallen in The Arlberg on Friday night .

http://www.lawine.at/tirol/index.html?id=4

Avalanche danger is HIGH.

One person has been killed in the Voralberg
latest report
Skiied 1m+ powder today in sonnenkopf, best powder conditions I've ever skied, that matched with a bluebird day made it legendary.
ski holidays
More snow.

Upto 50cm more on Galzig ! Very Happy
latest report
Apalling forecast (click the link) for the start of next week (ie 30 March). Freezing level 2700m Shocked
latest report
achilles, but rapidly improving after that (according to Snow Forecast ) . Hope they're right! snowHead
snow report
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/st-anton-am-arlberg Sad
snow report
Axsman, you going to be out there?
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
Apalling forecast (click the link) for the start of next week (ie 30 March). Freezing level 2700m Shocked

It is Spring !
ski holidays
achilles, Taking family to Ischgl for a week travelling on Saturday. Looks (at the moment) like we'll arrive to a couple of warm bright days (on well covered pistes!) with a huge dump on Monday/Tuesday with good weather to follow. If that's what's coming then colour me happy! Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy