Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Room Hotels near Channel Tunnel

Poster: A snowHead
Planning trip for next Jan - all sorted for accommodation there and in France en-route.

Biggest problem is want to stay near Channel Tunnel on Thursday night - can I find a family room for 5 people! Kids will be 7,7, and 5 so don't really want to have two rooms - particularly with the cost in UK.

Anyone know of a hotel etc which has family rooms?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, You'll be very lucky to find a room for five, Holiday Inn at Ashford might put an extra bed in a family room. Best to ring and ask its not the type of request that can be done on-line.
I'm afraid your best bet is a Triple room and a twin room at a Travelodge or Premier travel Inn.
I'm afraid there just isnt the profit or demand for family rooms Confused
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris, Book a Travel inn room for 4. Double bed and a sofa bed and stick all the kids in the sofa bed. You check in and ferry the kids to the room seperately.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, and contravene several regulations and if there is a fire......... Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, I can't believe there isn't a demand - I can't be the only one with 3 kids! May give Holiday Inn a call but online room prices at £100 Shocked

Frosty the Snowman, very tempted by this - while not identical the twins are similar so providing we keep them apart should be ok! Strangely enough they were happy to have 5 in the room when one was in a cot so can't see where the H&S regulations come in. If anything there was less room with a cot
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris, No help in this instance but for future trips, the Novotel in Beaune definitely has rooms for five.
(Friends of ours stay there as they have 3 kids as well)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris, Those greedy hoteliers will always want to sell you two rooms Toofy Grin

Use this website to find hotels in the area. DO NOT use it to book Google the hotel and telephone you will always get a better rate if you ask!

http://www.activehotels.co.uk/hotel/location/en/united_kingdom/england/kent/ashford?directFromSearch=true&query=Ashford

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 5-07-07 16:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, and contravene several regulations and if there is a fire......... Sad

Ask for a ground floor room. Ah no that would increase the chance of child abduction. Don't forget the chance of legionaires disease.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If there is a fire the reality is that they are a damn sight safer sleeping with adults who can get them out quickly than in a room on their own.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, cross the Channel, it may be easier to find a room for 5 near Calais than in the UK.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, it is indeed - in fact have stayed on one last two years. BUT..... left home early afternoon and had the time. This time won't be able to leave home until early evening so unlikely to get to Calais before midnight - bit late avec les enfants.

Perhaps may have to book the dat off after all
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris, we stayed near Dover once when the kids were smaller, and vowed never to do it again.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, can understand - is a nightmare and pricey compared to what's just over the channel.

We're 150 miles from Chunnel so just adds a bit more than I like to a days drive down to near Dijon.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, a tricky one, we're almost 300 from the tunnel, and make it to Reims area before an overnight stop. Dijon would be much too far.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, would it be quicker/easier for you to cross Hull/Zebrugger and drive down that way?

At least getting to Reims the most boring part of journey (calais to reims) is out the way
snow report
Boris, strangely no, as we would have to take an extra day off work, and I'm not sure the dog would be happy being left for all that time. We did look into it, and it was more expensive too. I did cost out the different journeys in a thread last year.
ski holidays
Boris, TRy the Ashford International Hotel as well. We've jsut booked a family room (ok there are only 4 of us not 5) but they may be able to sort you out.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Boris, Book a Travel inn room for 4. Double bed and a sofa bed and stick all the kids in the sofa bed. You check in and ferry the kids to the room seperately.

thats what i was thinking as we do that mate wink snowHead
ski holidays
Could always cross over that night and stay in France. 2 rooms in something like a Hotel B&B (I think there is one near Cite Europe) over there is only around £50 - £60.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy