Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

President's weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Now as far as I can tell President's weekend next year falls on 16/18 Feb. What days off do Americans have (the Friday and Monday?) and would the busier week be the week after or before? Or is that more along the lines of how long is a piece of string? Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 5-07-07 16:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, the week after would normally be busier, but it's all relative, and depends on where you go.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, ah thanks - that was the correct answer! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, glad I could be of help!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy, I was in Breck last year during President's week - not what we woudl call busy at all. Quiet slopes, no queues,a lthoguh resaurants were v busy in teh evening.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Monday is a holiday in the US, not the Friday. These means the week after will be busier than the week prior.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're talking about lift lines, the weekend and the following Monday will be busy, particularly so for resort near population center such as Tahoe.

Lodging will likely be busier and more expensive for the entire "President's week", especially "destination resorts" such as Vail or Snowbird.

If you MUST ski that week, why not go to Canada?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I AM going to Canada, but hopefully will be finishing the hols on President's weekend. We were there for the busier week after the weekend 2 years ago and there were a lot of Americans in the resort, mainly from Seattle I think. Just trying to avoid it, that's all. Thanks everyone Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy wrote:
I AM going to Canada, but hopefully will be finishing the hols on President's weekend. We were there for the busier week after the weekend 2 years ago and there were a lot of Americans in the resort, mainly from Seattle I think. Just trying to avoid it, that's all. Thanks everyone Very Happy

Whistler? Notorious for crowds that weekend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cathy, I was in Whistler during Pres week last year and the lift lines were the busiest i have experienced in my two seasons of boarding Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nope - Big White then, and next year. Not horrendously bad, just busier than expected.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy, Loved the time we had a Big White, was my eldest first time on skis. Never even got up the Gemlake side as it was -stupid amounts°C at the sumit and always closed. I understand they have opened up a lot of new area around Gemlake now.

Would love to go back some time, they had the finest mountain cheeseburgers ever.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm cheeseburger
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cathy, we were in Banff a few years back, there were lots of US ski clubs from Alabama and such like.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gilberts Fridge, shame you never went to Gem Lake - some great skiing to be had there and not many bother going over there. This will be our third time to Big White - first time we've ever gone somewhere 3 times! snowHead

Where did you get your cheeseburger from? mmmmmmm

Helen Beaumont, I'm planning that we'll be leaving that Saturday so, fingers crossed, we should avoid them. Big White is really close to the border and lots of Americans seemed to come up from close by.

(BTW - have absolutely nothing against Americans, just would prefer to be there when the resort is emptier rather than fuller Toofy Grin )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy, If I can remember correctly there were two chairs one went a fair way up the mountain and the other directly into the village, there was a basic lodge there with far from basic food.

We were there over New Year and the locals were really upset about the queue lengths. After a couple of trips to Morzine, 5 mins in an organised line is nothing.
latest report
Gilberts Fridge, regarding mountain cheeseburgers, I'd have to say my favourite was the special at the Tipi in Kleine Schiedegg
ski holidays
heheh I remember that tipi Smile
snow report
cathy, I know what you mean, as Banff was heaving. I think it was also an Alberta holiday too. If we ever cross the pond again, we might give Big White a try.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, I think cheesburgers may merit a thread of their own, meat texture and seasoning, cheese viscosity etc hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, Big White's certainly worth a try. I think most people who go there have liked it. I like the ski in/out right from the hotel door, the small villagey feel to the resort, and the three very different main skiing areas. And the OH hasn't got bored with it yet either Shocked . We've previously had a week there followed by a week at Sun Peaks but next season we'll just do 10 days at BW. I think 2 weeks might be a bit long there but could be split with Silver Star. Bad weather can be a problem - it's not known as big white-out for nothing! Toofy Grin But we've only had a day or so of bad weather each time and then there's good tree-skiing to be had over in the Black Forest area.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy