Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere, Italy, anyone been? any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone here been to Claviere, can I have your thoughts please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spent a couple of nights there in a mobile home once. The definition of a one-horse town. But the horse has done a runner.

The skiing isn't bad though and is linked to the Via Lattea. Mind you, the lifts were a bit dated when I was there (albeit 3 years ago).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied there but not stayed there.
Its part of Milky Way ski area, sits on the Italian side of col montgenevre. The snow record of this bit of the milky way seems to be a bit better than the rest.
Pleasant largely intermediate piste sking with possibilities of off piste variants mixture of above and below the tree line stuff.
Has always seemed reasonably priced and uncrowded on my day trips.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Likewise, I have skied over there from a Montgenevre day trip last season; the pistes were quiet ,pretty and conditions good, with predominately easy reds and blues IIRC. The mountain food was very good too.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, Lovely picture,thanks. Am trying for a bargain! so Italy seems good as the learn to ski package (for our friends) and lift pass prices are much cheaper than France.
Are there many mountain restaurants?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Are there many mountain restaurants

feefee, There are some really nice/reasonably priced mountain restaurants.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last question!, is mid March a good time to go?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes in a last minute cheapie in a Crystal club hotel.

Handy for Claviere and Montgenevre but Sauze impractical using lifts.

Nothing much of note in the town. It was a half board deal anyway. At the time it was pre euro so lira and francs for Montgenevre. Montgenevre had more life but Claviere was OK. Then again I had already skied Sauze side anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
feefee, Mid March should be a pretty good time to go.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, pretty much decided to go for it, cant get a better deal, as I am determined to get free child places!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
feefee, that photo was taken in March and the weather was glorious, and they had just had a small dump too so it was perfect,we really enjoyed our day there and I am sure you'll have a fantastic holiday. You'll be able to ski to Montgenvre and Sestriere too I think Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we skied at Montgenevre and Claviere last March and bearing in mind the conditions elsewhere i was pleased with the conditions there
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well it seems I can't get a better deal so that where we're goin! it will be 3rd/4th time for us and 1st for our friends. The lift pass allows a day (I think) in Montgenevre and a day somewhere else. Can't wait!!! snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
feefee,
There will be a variety of different lift pass options. From what I have seen if you are into your fifth week I would go for a pass that includes Montgenevre every day though someone who has been more often may have a better idea.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy