Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LDA for a family trip?

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of having our family trip next year in LDA. We are a mixed age and abilty group of about 14.

Would be gratefull if anyone had any feedback on the following please;

Has anyone used any of the ski kindergardens? We will have a couple of 4 year olds with us who have never skiied and so a good English speaking set up is important.

Would obviously use Easiski for some lessons for the more experienced members of the party , but would still need something for some adult beginners and some 7/8 year olds who have done a couple of weeks already. Any advice?

We generally rent a self-catering chalet as we find it more sociable and easier with the kids. Anyone got any recommendations in LDA? A couple of big apartments would also do the trick if they were close.

Thanks in advance guys.

Steve
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SteveKirby wrote:
Would obviously use Easiski for some lessons for the more experienced members of the party , but would still need something for some adult beginners and some 7/8 year olds who have done a couple of weeks already. Any advice?

If you're not fussed about everyone having lessons at the same time, why deprive Easiski of the business Wink Get 'em started right from the outset
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eng_ch, Agreed 100% Charlotte works miracles with beginner/nervous adults and in my 9 yr olds opinion (albeit with a bit more mileage under his belt) she gets as close to walking on water as is humanly possible. We took a 7 yr old 2nd weeker with us at Easter and the difference between day 1 and day 5 was truly astounding. ( Sam, if you read this Charlotte)

On the accommodation front take a look at Alpine charms web site or Le Cortina, Alba, or Balcons des Sarennes.

Alternatively you could tie up the large chalet featured on Easiski specials with Le Cairns (www.skideuxalpes.com/co.uk) The latter is definitely functional rather than luxury but it is directly in front of the chalet and they're convenient for both the ski bus and the belle etoile chair.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SteveKirby, looks like we should be asking Easiski about her availability in April. We'd all benefit snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just organised a coach trip to LDA for 40+ people. From aged 1 to 60. I'd say its fine for families although some people will moan its too lively! But i like it because it has lots to do after skiing etc
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
garethjomo, You have not experienced the ski kindergarden have you?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I haven't sorry. Sure it would be much like other ESF kindergardens which are usually very good.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
garethjomo, Is your trip all family? Or is it a club trip?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
SteveKirby, the Le Cortina apartments are really nice and spacious. In a good spot just off the Place du Venosc, beautiful view of La Muzelle and sauna/jacuzzi in the basement.

http://www.2alpes.com/winter/uk/site/votresejour/hebergements/r_cortina.html

Oh, and Charlotte has taught both my kids, with outstanding results Very Happy (and me).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mogs, Its made up of mostly teachers and their partners and families and a few relatives of mine.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thnaks brian, we were considering those already so appreciate the feedback.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SteveKirby, I also think that Le Cortina would suit well. They have big aparments, jacuzzi as brian, said and are not too far from anything. Alba is disappointing. It was finished in a rush and it shows. It's also only handy for peeps who can ski quite well. Beginners or near beginners will find it a long slog to the bus and the lifts. Balcones de Sarennes are a bit better placed for a mixed group but a long way from anything remotely like a bar or restaurant.

I would think that Annie,'s suggestion about the chalet would be a good thing.http://www.easiski.com/LaGardette.htm for photos. It sleeps 12 and the apartment in Les Cairns together with it would work well. It's very close to the Champamé slope at the end of the village and there are restos and shops all handy.

I will be emailing Grimsby Ranger, later today. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
garethjomo, Sounds like a good trip. I was hoping you were some sort of club or organisation that I could tag along with sometime in the future. Have a good trip
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mogs, If i have any places left on coach etc i'll def contact you
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
garethjomo, That would be great. Cheers
snow conditions
Hi GUys

I am fairly new to this website and you appear an honest bunch, so i would like your opinions on LDA?

I visited with my wife 3 years ago for a 2 week stay and was shocked by the fact that we both felt we had " out-skied" the resort in 3 days! I have skied many resorts prior to my visit to LDA that claim a much lower sized pisted area and we had a full week of sking different runs and enjoying. LDA, to me, has a handful of decent runs and lots of flats interlinking the various areas(lac noir, la tourra, glacier etc). Very little quality fun skiing was to be had.

After the 3 days we hired a guide out of boredom and skied St Christophe and La Grave which i have to admit was wonderful. After this we hired a car and travelled to Alpe D'huez and Serre Chevalier of which, we felt, had a had far more interesting terrain to be skied.

We also purchased ski boots on our arrival from the more "reputable" stores in resort( i will not name and shame!) and had nothing but problems with them. Whenever we returned with problems very little was done to resolve the issues and even at the end of our stay when the bootfitter and owner were exhausted from our visits we asked for a "goodwill" refund even at a small % of what we had paid only to be told" we don't give refunds". I have now learnt my lesson here and would only ever buy in the U.K as guarantees are offered from the point you purchase(the best advice i could ever give to be re-assured).

The mountain restaurants were nothing above mediocre in quality and high in price. I did, however feel the restaurants in resort more than made up for choice and quality, Tribeca and the Bel Auberge become highly recommended in my eyes!
The nightlife, i was equally impressed with.

I am writing this all as you folks appear "pro deux alpes" and would like you all to convince me to return as i would dearly like to experience the positives that i have clearly missed out upon.

Most resorts have more alpine charm. Some don't but more that make up once on the planks( tignes & flaine ofr example)

Over to you guys to install my confiodence in this supposed major resort!!!!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy