Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year events...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ey up all,

I know there's a thread below about skiing at New Year but this one's a little different.

I'm going away as part of a group of between 6 - 8 and it's someone's birthday on Jan 3rd, so we're thinking about bring forward our original date and going for a new year/birthday bash. We are erring towards Val Thorens, with it being a high altitude resort and one that's more snow sure than others.

However, has anyone been to VT at new year, and is it a party paradise when it's the festive season? If not, does anyone know any new year bashes (along the lines of Chamjam and Snowbombing) that'll be running this year.

We're looking for a proper new year's bash where the town goes crazy. We want clubs, booze and silliness that'll make the girl's 30th birthday as memorable as we can get.

Anyone who has an idea of anything running, or can usggest a party town for NY then let me know where, and what you thought of it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AFAIK the Austrians do new year better than the French do.
The Germans have a bit of a thing for fireworks at NY.

Sorry, I don't have ant specifics though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Want more of a party kind of atmossphere, you know, open-air DJ sets, a bit of a booze up and stupidity like naked snowboarding (??)... or possibly not the last thing!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman, sounds like Austria for you then! Even staid Bad Hofgastein had open-air bands, DJ, loads of drink and loads of fireworks - great atmosphere. I can only imagine what it would be like in a 'party' resort Madeye-Smiley (BTW, fireworks in Austria is not about watching a nice display from the safety of a barrier, oh no - Austrians belive in crowd participation in their fireworks wink Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree with Austria - they know how to throw a good party at New Year. just be careful of the fireworks! Zell am See always has a great party in the town square, then all the bars stay open til you can't drink any more. If you're concerned about snowsure, Zell has good snowmaking but you can ski the glacier at Kaprun which is covered on the same liftpass.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Val Thorens nightlife is limited but surprisingly entertaining. The NYE action mostly takes place at the top of the resort, near the Frog and Roastbeef pub. It is all fireworks, carhorns and snowball fights. Gets reasonably busy.

Val d'Isere is another French alternative. More of the same -- rockets, bangers, horns and snowballs. Busier than VT.

If you want chavvy and faux-macho, then St Anton, Ischgl and Saalbach-Hinterglemm should be at the top of your list.

If you want something more sophisticated, then Verbier, Zermatt and St Moritz would be fine choices.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
agree
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy