Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large Self Catering Chalet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

For the last couple of years Les Gets has been the resort of choice for the family holiday. Mainly due to us being a mixed ability bunch, varying ages inc. young kids, good creche, ski school ok, short transfer and having large self catering chalets. Due to us going later next year (April) and the snow conditions this year at that sort of level we're hoping to go higher. The trouble is we're not sure if there are any higher resorts available with large self catering chalets. Next year the group size will probably be between 14-18 people, we all get on well and enjoy staying in the same place, chalets are good as we can get the little 'uns fed and bed then dine and relax ourselves. I realise it will be a compromise but does anyone know of a higher resort that has the accommodation we're looking for please?

Thanks in advance

Kerry
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grimsby Ranger, have you looked on Chalets Direct?? Lots on there. Also www.skichalets.co.uk . You can choose a resort and see what is available for your party size. Erns Low used to have some larger places on the website too, mainly in Belle Plagne I think.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grimsby Ranger, Erna Low > Val Thorens > Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Helen Beaumont, & boredsurfin, much appreciated.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Something that hs worked for us in the past in similar circumstances is to get a couple of adjoing/adjacent apartments. I largish 10/12 (which aren't quite so difficult to come by) for the main social activity and a smaller one mainly for sleeping, but provides an additional sitting area whether it be for kids to play/watch dvd's etc or a read a book/quiet space for adults. You also get extra cooking/dishwashing facilities which can be useful depending how far above the 'whip up a bowl of spaghetti' you get.

There are some that might fit the bill in Montalbert ( Mountain heaven I think is the website) boredsurfin,
will be the man to tell you if it's a good base for easter!

and Deux Alpes has got Chalet Chante ( search for Alpine Charms - They also have some biggish places in La Tania for the 3 valleys) and I think Le/La Cortina and Alba ( info via the LDA site I think) I think one of these actually has an apartment sleeping up to 18....though don't know how many sofa beds are involved.

For a large chalet you could try Oz en Oisans for Alps d'Huez - Chalets are Clos du Pre ( We (1Cool stayed in one a couple of years back and they were fine apart from the hike up the steps to get to them on check in/out day..)
Ski in/out - at 1350 so snow permitting and an easy uplift to ADH. Not big on nightlife though by any stretch.

I think there is a big one in Kaprun too ( holidaychalets.com ????)

It's worth looking at some of the French rental agencies too especially if you're not too bothered about bathroom ratios etc ( My lot are so I haven't found anything to suit that way but have seen a fair few largish ones)

They are out there ( or something that meets the self catering without too big a compromise on everything else is) but you do have to trawl endlessly ..........I know - I've done it for the last 4 years!

Hope that's some help.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chalets Direct is a good place to look. Or chaletfinder.co.uk
Chamonix has quite a few at that size and it's a good place for kids, the lack of ski-in ski-out (though there is some in Les Houches, which is a good area for families) is more than compensated for by all the other activities there are to do. April's a good time to go - it doesn't shut till May.
NB This is not a pimp for us! We's be too small for you Smile

Try emailing the tourist office, they're generally very helpful
http://www.chamonix.com/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks Annie, & firebug, nice to know Annie, that there's choice out there to find and it's good if you get recommendations. We'll look into your suggestions and of yours firebug, with Chamonix. Thanks again all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy