Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Equity Ski or Crystal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in a quandry. Never been skiing with a child before. Have a 1 yr old and want to go skiing next year. Have to have childcare and not sure which company to go with. Looking into the Crystal club hotel L'Hermitage in Apl D'Huez, or the Chalet Hotel St Louise in Courchevel or the Crystal Club Hotel in Belle Plagne (cannot quite remember the name). The other suggestion was the Chalet Hotel Alba in Meribel with Esprit Ski. Although I have heard alot of negative reports on Esprit Ski's standard of accommodation and food. However, their childcare is supposed to be good.

Can anyone give me any good advice and if so any suggestions of chalets in other resorts with childcare that you would highly recommend. We would also consider Canada - Whistler.

Your help would be most appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Joey, I would say on average that Esprit would on average offer a higher service than the other 2.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Joey, Mark Warner - my brother has used them a few times and they have been very good. Downside is they are expensive.

And, welcome to Snowheads snowHead

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Joey, welcome to Snowheads. I've been with ski esprit twice now and have booked again for next season. The first time went to Saas Fee, accommodation very nice but some issues with hotel that will be resolved now, food OK - over fancy and not enough. Second to Tignes (Terrill Blanc), accommodation OK but about right for the price - food same as above. In both instances Hannah my daughter loved it and the staff have always been friendly and attentive. If they tried less hard on presentation of food and more on quality and quantity it would be better IMO. I have booked again for Terrill Blanc before main brochure came out and kicked myself when I saw their new place in Meribel which looks very nice.

Overall they have a good package and whilst a 1 year old won't notice the time they spend on kids you will!

Hope this helps

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Ski have two creches in La Tania, and they looked after my sprog well, would use again.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Joey, welcome to the site - Esprit's childcare (in my experience at La Rosiere) is indeed good, though their organisational skills are poor (often items sent with the children do not come back).

The Crystal place in La Plagne is Hotel Turquoise - fantastic food though accomodation is basic. Childcare OK though in a basement so no natural light, not the greatest. Better organised than Esprit.

Overall - not hugely impressed by either, going DIY on that front with an independent local next half term!

One other thing to consider would be the independent nanny service in La Plagne/Les Arcs - you hire a nanny for around £500 the week and she - it does seem to be exclusively ladies - comes to your accomodation. I haven't used the service so can't comment beyond saying it looks very professional, but take a look yourself at http://www.safehandsfrance.com/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you go to Whistler with the wee ones, be prepared to sell your soul to pay your credit card bill !! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Used both the crystal Chalet Hotel St Louise in Courchevel and the Crystal Club Hotel in Belle Plagne last year and both very good. Have booked to go back to St louis next year as did find it slightly better. With it being in the finest range I think they pick the better staff ie second or third year returning staff and there certainly seems to be more of them in the creche so they get more time off which helps to keep them better motivated than if they are working all the time. Our little one still talks about the girls from the creche.
Food was very good also and did find that with the free campagne then unlimited wine with dinner and then port our bar bill was nearly zero. Plus free carriage of skis and free drinks on plane then direct tranfer from airport (no stopping at 10 hotels to drop off before you get to yours) the extra you pay for a finest hotel was more than worth it.
The baby monitors that you can rent are very good and re assuring. We thought they worked better than the Mark Warner idea of the staff walking about the corridors listening at bedroom doors.
We did just price up the Mark Warner holidays for this year and they are alot more expensive if your child is over 2 as they charge about £700 for the child with child care on top and Crystal do free child places and you just pay for child care.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy