Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UN Warning: Snowfall Declining at 1.3% Per Decade

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.unep.org/geo/geo_ice/

This is the site of 'The Global Outlook for Ice and Snow'.
Quote:
Ice, snow and climate change are closely linked. The Global Outlook for Ice and Snow investigates those linkages. It also presents information on the trends in ice and snow, the outlook for this century and beyond and the consequences to ecosystems and human well-being of these changes. It covers all parts of the cryosphere (the world of ice): snow, land ice, sea ice, river and lake ice, and frozen ground. The Global Outlook for Ice and Snow was written by more than 70 scientists from around the world.

The full report can be downloaded from this site.

Some of the highligths of the reports:
Quote:
A main conclusion was that it is very likely that most of the global warming during the last 50 years is due to the increase in human-made greenhouse gases. The largest recent increases in annual temperatures for the planet are over the North American Arctic, north central Siberia and on the Antarctic Peninsula.

Mean monthly snow-cover extent in the Northern Hemisphere has declined at a rate of 1.3 per cent per decade over the last 40 years with greatest losses in the spring and summer. Major reductions in snow cover are projected for midlatitudes by the end of this century. Parts of the Canadian Arctic and Siberia are projected to receive increased snow fall.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent link. Thank you. Will make a comment once I've read it. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1.3% per decade? That's less than 10% for the rest of my lifetime - cool! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heat is a more pressing problem than snowfall.

Plenty of whitestuff is falling, but it is melting faster than ever.

And temps will continue to rise until the next Ice Age arrives.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It said "Snow cover", not "Snowfall".
snow report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, 1.3 % overall across the Northern Hemisphere but not uniformly. If you assume virtually no snow loss from the coldest bits, then it's all got to come from the marginal end Confused

Still, with our decent altitudes, you and I can probably relaax watching How White is my Valais ? wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, indeed - Laax man down gets the beers in Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Better all get our plans in place for flying via superjumbos to heli served operations in the Yukon then wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob wrote:
superjumbos

Far too efficient - private jet's the way to go!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
vulcan bomber with inflight refueling from ageing victors is the best way to speed things along
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CANV CANVINGTON, you could nuke some baby seals on the way! Skullie
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman, i prefer to wait till the clubbing season is over.. the claret on the ice makes targeting much easier.. Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about la nina - i read somewhere that they reckon its going to happen this summer and that means lots of snow this winter, or something....i'm not sure. Please enlighten me as to what I'm on about....?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy