Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are we stupid?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you want really up-to-the-minute gear then you have to pay premium prices for it. Is it really worth paying for "This year's skis" or would we do just as well on (say) 2002 stuff?

Are we stupid to spend so much money on what is basically a nugacity?

My answer? Probably!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Bish, speaking for myself very stupid but then I just got my 2005 GS skis Cool Mind you I did buy a pair of old stock boots on sale, so not completely stupid perhaps Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's love isn't it?

Some people buy love presents for their car in the form of shiny wheels or something that give then a 0.002% advantage they don't need anyway.

I just had to replace my old ski socks with thin "technical" ones that will make little or no difference to the way I skid and flounder about on snow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually, I've found those sort of socks do help make my feet less sweaty in my boots. So not a better skier, just feeling a bit more comfortable. Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always try to buy last years model usually the improvments are cosmetic and vary rarely enhance performance. If your not worried about "brands" you can often get fantastic lesser know makes really cheap that work equally well as others.
The only problem with last years model is some times getting the right size may be difficult shops tend to get left with obscure sizes.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Bish, speaking for myself very stupid but then I just got my 2005 GS skis Cool Mind you I did buy a pair of old stock boots on sale, so not completely stupid perhaps Laughing

That doesn't count unless you replaced the 2004 skis that you'd used for a fortnight Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise, no my old skis have been well used for the last 5 years, about 20 weeks worth of wear and tear I guess snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I saved a fortune by buying at the end of the season:

A Spyder jacket at the end of March for £188 v ticket price of £313;
A pair of 5 Stars in April for £310 v list price of £499;
A Nevisport double ski bag in May for £10 v ticket price of £25;
A Two Seasons holdall in May for £52 v ticket price of £69;
A pair of Leki poles in May for £20 v ticket price of £40;
A Giro 9 helmet in June for £79 each v ticket price of £99;
A pair of X Wave 9's in June for £154 v ticket price of £219 (£239 this season);
A Spy backpack in July for £45 v ticket price of £65;

That's a saving of £471, and that's only my gear. Saved a similar amount on Deb's stuff.

And yes, I am the sad git who keeps all the receipts rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy