Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After the ski test today I have pritty much made up my mind about ordering a pair of Icelantic Nomads, given that they dont come with bindings I was thinking that I would get the pair of Neox 412s which are sat on my (broken) '05 SL9s. ?
One thing that did cross my mind is whether the breaks will fit accross the wider ski, and if not whether it would be possible to fit a wider set of breaks to it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your existing brakes are way too narrow for the Nomad which is 105mm underfoot. You'll need to order a pair of 99mm Neox brakes, which are widest that Atomic offer. They're designed to fit a 99mm wide ski so the gap between arms is actually 110mm. For that extra bit of clearance you'll need to slightly trim down the insides of the plastic covers on the arms of the brakes with either a file or a stanley knife - there's load of material so this is not a problem, however if you want the brake arms to still lock together for carrying remember to retain the 'wavy' surface on the inside of the arms rather than smoothing them out.

Using this method I've successfully installed 88mm Neox brakes on 99mm underfoot skis.

If you're lucky http://www.skibartlett.com will have a pair but phone them as their website is crap.

If not then Al's Ski Barn in the US has them: http://www.untracked.com/p1260c26b43-atomic_neox_wide_brakes.html

As an alternative I could offer you a part-exchange on your Neox's against a new pair of VIST bindings with 115mm brakes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would there be any advantage (other than them coming with the wider breaks) of switching to the Vists?

Thinking about it hopefully I could reuse one of the narrow breaks out of the old 412s to replace the damaged break on my 06 SL9s....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the_fatadder, check-out my post on: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27239
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the_fatadder,
Or just fit tethers to your legs/boots and skis snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the_fatadder wrote:
.....which are sat on my (broken) '05 SL9s. ?....

the_fatadder wrote:
Thinking about it hopefully I could reuse one of the narrow breaks out of the old 412s to replace the damaged break on my 06 SL9s....

Atomic slalom skis & Neox's are pretty bomb proof. What is it with you & this busted kit?

Perhaps it's your own fault by describing brakes as breaks wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lol
breaking the old ones was my fault (something todo with skiing into a gate on plastic then falling over rather badly)
God knows what happend with the neox's, noticed that one half of one brake has failed when i was skiing at easter (was wondering why the 2 skis wouldnt conect to each other properly when i was carrying them...)

i guess when I break stuff its going to be expensive.....

Will go and read that other thread now...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
he can brake anything.

one day he will learn he isnt actually any good at skiing NehNeh Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I broke the brake on one of the neox binding on my M9's in February too. No idea how. S&R charged peanuts to repair it but it took weeks to get the bits.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy