Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New kit for snow dome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just joined and this site looks brilliant. I am in the process of trying to get kitted out to ski in a snow dome. My understanding is that skis should be smaller than usual, and that boots should be well comfy if you are going to be in them all day, with perhaps a bit of standing. I have been skiing for more years than I care to remember, however, I know diddly squat about the equipment. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying on boots and looking at skis and I have absolutely no confidence in what I should buy. I am 5ft 3 and 9 stone (but don't tell anyone) and am quite an accomplished skier, I have been told by a friend that I need about a 152cm and that I should get a Salamon Ladies boot, I tried some on today and I don't know if I should get a stiffer boot or try for something a little more flexible. I do like to ski fast when on real mountains with real snow, and ideally would like a ski that would do both (cos I'm not into ditching money). Any advice would be very much appreciated. Does anyone know anything about the Elan wave magic and if that would be good for the job? Many thanks in anticipation.[/quote]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shesgotpotential, welcome to SnowHeads. I loved the WaveMagic when I tried it at the snowdome. It was my favourite ski at last years testing day, so I giess you could say it was good on the snowdome snow, nice and grippy,and a good carving feeling. What length ski do you usually ski on? As for boots, listen to what the bootfitter says, and don't go in there asking for a particular make of boot, it may not suit your foot shape. Ellis Brigham let to test the skis on the slope, so why not pop in there before you decide, and borrow some skis.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shesgotpotential,
welcome to snowHead 's
Xscape tickets include rental. Get your own boots first (they are most important) and get the skis you are given.
if you are "quite an accomplished skier" it's realy not worth taking your own skis.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, I definitely wouldn't buy a pair just to go to the snowdome with. If you want skis, and want to take your own, get some for the real pistes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont,
Puzzled

1st - establish that you like skiing
2nd - buy your own boots
3rd - think about buying your own skis

That was what I was trying to say rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
II, soory, I should have cliked on Shesgotpotential, and not yourself.
rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy