Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer skiing in France / Night life

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me whats the best transfer from Ireland (Dublin) to Les Deux Alpes in late July and if anybody knows how good it is for summer skiing and other outdoor activities. Also, any idea about the night life.

Much appreciated,

Brian.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flexrip, I'm sure you already know that Ryanair fly to Grenoble from Dublin regularly now. There are buses from the airport to Grenoble bus station and then you can get a bus up to LDA. You might have to wait at the station for a while depending on the schedule. Very good (I would say that wouldn't I?) for summer skiing. The glacier gets less sun than Tignes and so keeps condition longer. Of course summer snow and winter snow are not the same. The ski area is the widest in Europe and probably the second biggest in hectares - there is a lot of space. Lat July is starting to get a bit less good in terms of what's available. I suggest you a) look at the LDA summer thread in Snow Reports; b) look at the glacier webcam on the LDA websie (www.les2alpes.com); and c) PM Little Tiger who's done this trip more than once. If you want detailed info on LDA other than the tourist office or the lift company, then my website has a page dedicated to the summer. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flexrip, If the lift opening times in LDA are similar to those in Tignes you will need to wake up too early to care about nightlife.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs, Lifts open to the public at 07.15. Skiing from 07.45 - 13.30 (if you use the snowpark lift) and 13.00 if you don't.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski wrote:
flexrip Lat July is starting to get a bit less good in terms of what's available.

Easiski -- Should I read into this that summer skiing may be coming to an end at LDA?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold, Nah I wouldn't if I were you
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold, Oh dear, Winter skiing rubbish, Summer skiing rubbish and for those of us over 25 (by a long way) we can't even take up mountain biking instead because we look rubbish. Good job we know you are talking utter rubbish.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B, Don't forget.....No longboarding either...... wink rolling eyes rolling eyes .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where is the best place in europe to summer ski, taking travelling into account, or is it just best to take an extra trip in winter?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back on thread, nightlife isn't bad - not quite up to the excesses of peak weaks in winter but most bars & restaurants are open and reasonably busy. As far as things to do in the afternoon after skiing, quite a lot is walking or mountain bike focussed, but the pools open and the sun is roasting usually! Check out the web-site for events in July - also check out le Tour which I believe usually runs close in July and turns the place into a madhouse for a day or two.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flexrip, have a look at Saas Fee. Fairly extensive summer ski area, largely north facing slopes so not massive sun exposure. Night life pretty good as well. You are also not too far from Zermatt if you fancy a bit of variety. I've been last three years and always enjoyed it. Easy transfer, fly to Geneva, then get the train to Visp and then the bus. Takes about 2.5 hours from Geneva.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flexrip, No - you should come here. When you say nightlife- what sort did you have in mind? Since we have the biggest and best snowpark in Europe in the summer there are a lot of youngsters and snowboarders around, so the Avalanche disco is pretty busy till 4 or 6 am. Most bars are open until 12.00 but a fair few are open until 2.00am. If you're thinking apres ski as in 18.00 gluwein, then that's not going to exist anywhere because you stop skiing at lunchtime.

The summer afternoon activities are so numerous that you need to go to the website to check them out, but if you're doing skiing and nightlife you'll probably sleep all afternoon! Shock Le Tour (de France) is not coming to our area this year - thank god for small mercies - one year off is a nice respite. Very Happy The Mountain of Hell mbk race is in July too .... awesome what these guys can do on a bicycle. Cool Transfer from Grenoble if you rent a car (always a good idea in summer so you can pootle around and visit other nearby places) is around 1.5 hours - easy drive. Takes a bit longer by bus nach.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, the tour is coming to Monetier again though rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy