Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storing Snowboards

Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd start with a useful first post and ask;

'What's the best method of storing a snowboard?'

Obviously giving you 'board a service and repairing any damage is a must, as is leaving plenty of wax on the base and edges to stop thinks drying out or going rusty. but what I was wondering is if I'd miss anything? Currently my 'board is in my bedroom so no great temperature changes to worry about, but would it be best to remove the bindings? -Should I store it vertically or horrizontally? I'm slightly worried about my board losing its shape so might it be an idea to chock it up like a pair of ski's using a piece of wood?

Just a few ideas but it's got me thinking, I've done a few seasons and its driving me nutts not being able to ride everyday!!!!

-Gordo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Chuck board in loft
2. Get life

Consider the stresses to which you subject your snowboard while riding. It seems rather unlikely that leaning it against your bedroom wall for six months is going to result in serious structural damage.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine gets put in board bag & stuck in the rafters in the garage,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
'What's the best method of storing a snowboard?'

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DaveC, Thats a bit harsh ... leave the area immediately Twisted Evil

I have a good place - the shop !! Mine went in for a service over a month ago and i keep forgetting to pick it up Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gordo, don't pack it away, do what I do and practice on the stairs every evening!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's a short run but you don't half learn to turn quickly!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gordo, Welcome to snowHead 's

Good question and one I have wondered about - particularly about whether or not to take the bindings off.

Take no notice of Lizzard, she's just miffed 'cos she can't come to next years MSB wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dobz, where's the link for the MSB 2008 details? Fancy joining the gang
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, Cool i concur chuck it in the garage.. under no circumstances take anything off as its about 7 million to one on that come next winter you want be able to find one key bit.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You don't HAVE to take the bindings off, but it's not a bad idea. If you have room under your bed or something, that would be a decent place to store it. My husband and I have all of ours up on the top shelf of a closet in our bedroom. Obviously, don't store it in your garage, unless it's well insulated and the temps don't change much. But otherwise, you seem to have covered your bases with the wax and maintenance.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
don't give them chance to go into storage wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dobz, oh yes indeedy, I am terribly jealous of other people's one whole week per season on the snow. Not. Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, Having spent 2 seperate weeks in LDA this year I can safely say I am jealous of you snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers for the constructive replies guys.

I did a search on google and this forum but nothing came up, only for ski storage. So I started reading what people do to correctly store ski's and was interested in why we don't do/need to do these things for snowboards, eg. Chocking, vertically, relaxing/removing bindings etc.....

-Gordo
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gordo, because the bindings are totally different; because boarders are (on average) not anally retentive old farts. Now stop obssessing and get outside!
snow conditions
Specialman, There's no button yet for MSB 2008 although I there is a thread in Events.

Lizzard, Alas, one week is all that some of us can manage Sad
ski holidays
Never done anything special with any of mine and the 7 year old one still looks like new - take lizzards advice
latest report
Make sure it's dry and waxed (so it's ready to go) stick some notwax on the edges put it in its bag (make sure the bag's dry too) then stick it in the loft. The only reason I know to take bindings off is if you don't have much space and want to put it under the bed or something. Then count the days till next season.
snow report
Anybody know where you can buy brackets that screw to the wall,& the snowboard clamps to them & turn said snowboard into shelves?
I have seen before,or it was poss mentioned on this site a couple of years ago.
snow report
Simon (Mr T), have a look on ebay, under: sporting goods > snowboarding > accessories
ski holidays
Simon (Mr T), Nah, you want the ones that display the board ! What you wanna hide it under books and dust for?
snow report
sell it to a chiropractor as some kind of sporty back straightening board. Very Happy
latest report
No,i seen some sort of bracket that turns them into a shelf,rather than a belt that hangs the board on the wall.
I have 3 Snowboards & using the belt jobby thingy'll use up an entire wall!
snow conditions
Simon (Mr T), 3? well thats just greedy ! Brother wants to turn his broken one into a garden seat/bench. That looks cool
snow conditions
debbi, I've been to a few apres bars where the seats are made from old skis/boards. They look cool but are bloody uncomfortable!
ski holidays
wakeboards make better benches.my mate has 2 in his garden.
3 boards,not alot for 10 years boarding,i know people boarding less time with more.
So no one knows of a shelf system them,oh well best make me' own & flog it on here! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
You OK Mr T.....I finally have broadband.....back at snowheads.....hi all!
snow conditions
Mine's in the loft with about 30 pairs of socks wrapped round it in the bag. I need to get a new bag though- might have a look at the Dakine big bugs!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm fine Kev,Kev.Good to have you on Broadband,i can read you alot quicker now! wink
Ok anybody know about these bloody brackets to store snowboards on a wall!?
ski holidays
NO !!!!!!! wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy