Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do ski instructors have to prove current ski techniques?

Poster: A snowHead
cathy, yes, he makes a great mod. Apart from the denial stuff...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cathy, I think a fight here had been advertised elsewhere wink WearetheFoxhat is site admin I'm not a mod here Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, I'm not admin here!

Also, can someone help me - was the punchline "A chip on both shoulders" or "A chip on each shoulder"?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
cathy, yes, he makes a great mod. Apart from the denial stuff...

boredsurfin wrote:
I'm not a mod here

WTFH - ah I see what you mean Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin,
Quote:

Nothing to see here, move along now

TOO RIGHT! I might have a bit of Veeeight's popcorn on the way out, though, if there's some to spare.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cathy, see, on here Admin and Boredsurfin are the only mods that post regularly. I think Ray Sorrowful is one too, and Michelle, but she claims to be a Nymphomaniac, not a Moderator. I can't think of any others, but I apologise if I left any out.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat,
Quote:

was the punchline "A chip on both shoulders" or "A chip on each shoulder"?

Brace up, WTFH, you KNOW it's the latter. It would be an odd sort of chip if it could be borne on both shoulders. Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, Ray Sorro appeared again the other day and posted something. Michelle is very young to be a Nymphomaniac. I am not a mod on this forum. But YOU are a site admin.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am annoyed at being left out of the "well known Nymphomaniacs "category Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, you just need to revalidate in the Hot Tub Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, he's all yours.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
laundryman, I couldn't possibly share a hot tub with one so qualified. I'm not worthy. The honour falls to you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm outta here...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well at the EoSB there were about a dozen prepared to squeeze in with me Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Well at the EoSB there were about a dozen prepared to squeeze in with me Very Happy

I can't speak for the others, but when you got that long thing out of your trunks and starting tossing it around I have to confess to being more than a little bit scared
latest report
Right, that settles it, I am NEVER going to attend a Bash, pre-, mid-, or end-Season. And that's offishul.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

And when you got out, how many more were able to get in? Laughing
snow report
little tiger, Not wishing to pour oil on troubled waters, TBH I understood the post in the same way that FenlandSkier, did. I was just pointing out about the ISTD thing before, because I'm not sure if I can be called ISTD, because strictly speaking I'm not, but I do have equivalence to all peeps that do - if you follow that.

Frosty the Snowman, Fastman is a guy called Rick who is a race coach in Colorado. He does post from time to time, and seems to talk sense. He's not PSIA.
ski holidays
easiski, You can call yourself ISTD if you have former National ski teacher with the right french papers ( carte Pro). Do you get a Euroski pro card from BASI ( or your association)? If so, you are an ISTD.
snow conditions
elbrus, I call myself a National Ski Teacher - which I am. Of course I have a Carte Professionelle - couldn't work independently without it. I was here before all this was sorted, and originally helped Bob Kinnaird with a fair bit of the translation stuff. I was also involved in getting some BASI bigwigs and ENSA bigwigs to have dinner together way back when. However, to call myself and ISTD is another matter, when you see how fantastically good these new ISTDs are - a whole different ball game.

You get your Carte Professionnelle from the Jeunesse et Sports, and you have to provide all the relevant bits of paper. For my first two (3 years each) I also had to provide a statement from the Police and later BASI that I was not a criminal. They've done away with this now and made each Carte last for 5 years. You have to go in person to get it.
snow report
Blimey! Been away for a few days and the collective knickers really appear to have got in a twist. Reading the whole thread I must say that it's great fun albeit a few horses are a little high for some - FLAME ON !! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Little Tiger, thanks for speaking up for me. Not to worry though,,, I'm sure no disrespect or lack of recognition of any particular contributing individuals professional background was intended. Hopefully, my knowledge base is reflected in my posts here, and some can benefit from my efforts when I find time to offer them. If not, then my background really doesn't matter anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy