Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beat the Hermannator...on your pooter!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Announced this week from Austria, a new computer game called Hermann Maier’s Ski World Cup 2005 will offer players the chance to beat the unbeatable Hermannator. This is what the makers say:

"...the perfect skiing feeling, transforming the player into a world cup star! Slalom, Giant Slalom, Downhill and Super-G: All disciplines and all tracks of the season 2004/2005 are part of the fight for the ultimate victory.
" An arcade-sports simulation which converts the fascination of the skiing genuinely and makes way highlights like “Mausefalle” in Kitzbühel and “Hundsschopf” in Wengen realistic by providing the speed feeling, the fear and the challenge – “Hermann Maier’s Ski World Cup 2005” is indeed the first adequate and realistic Ski World Cup Simulation”, explains Marcel Uhlmann, marketing manager JoWooD Productions. “Even the track design was created in cooperation wit alpine skiing clubs from all over the world to ensure realism.”

And here are further details. Maybe snowHeads' Chief Smilie Maker could review it for us? It seems early in the day to know about UK availability and price, but we'll keep tabs on this one.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, how could this superb post have been ignored?
Just think about it snowHeads: if ever there was a sport just perfect for Virtual Reality is must be skiing.
You can already be superman . With a decent array and tilting footpad we could forget all about those 'orrible sloping ice-rinks (snowdomes) and go skiing the slopes of our dreams in our own home. With SkiNet (new skiing equivalent of Battlenet ) we could all go skiing together.
At last a decent way to spend the summer.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim wrote:
With SkiNet (new skiing equivalent of Battlenet ) we could all go skiing together.

So Jonpim, do I take it that you have this already registered snowHead

Excellent news - I have been bemoaning the lack of a decent skiing game for years. I just hope that it lives up to its promise Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[OT] You probably could beat the Herminator at the moment, with or without a pooter....

From a radio interview today...
Quote:

Hermann Maier today cast doubt on his ability to make much of an impression early in the season. Today was his first day back on the slopes, having taken a few to days off to help recovery from a back strain suffered during training.

Interviewed by the Austrian radio station ORF he explained that he didn't feel ready for the first race, a GS on the Soelden glacier, October 24th. "When you're struggling to move your legs correctly", he added, "that's when the dorsal muscles come into play. But if they're painful, that's when things get difficult... fortunately the first race isn't particularly important. I have to be patient, to treat the first races like training runs, and hope for a miracle".
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latest news on this game here http://www.skiracing2005.com/.

Looks like the release date is the 3rd December, although these game deadlines have a habit of drifting somewhat.

The game videos don't look bad although they appear stylised rather than using the actual scenery as a backdrop. I'm not sure if there is a strict game-play of just racing, or whether it will allow free "skiing" like some of the better boarding games on the Playstation etc.

Who's going to be first with an actual review?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy