Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

automated resort comparisons?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I remember seeing, sometime ago, a site that offered the possibility to choose resorts from a list, and than you received a side by side comparison of said resorts. I don't mean the resort chooser from ifyouski.com, but rather a tool that works the other way around. I can't find it anymore, and I need it for a colleague, so I thought I'd ask here
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sugardaddy - you can get a comparison of 115 of the main European and North American resorts in the excellent book " Where to ski and snowboard 2004 " ( p83-8Cool edited by Chris Gill and Dave Watts. It is a rating of resorts at a glance for the following factors - snow, extent, experts, intermediates, beginners, convenience, queues, restaurants, scenery, resort charm, off-slope - for all countries - from 1 to 5 stars.

It also has a very useful ( p89 ) resort shortlists - to streamline the job of spotting the ideal resort ( No more questions on this forum!! ) for your own holiday- there are lists of 10 or so resorts for 20 different categories ( eg off-piste wonders, black runs, families, high mileage piste bashing, snow sure, lively nightlife, special mountain restaurants, village charm, dramatic scenery, something for everyone, etc..... )

The cover price is £15.95 but possibly can be got for less on ebay, ski shows, etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
why does 88 come out like that Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
8 ) (without the space) is the shortcut for the smilie Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kinda like the bingo eh 88 .....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A side by side comparison of totally subjective criteria, yes it's hard to imagine why there's not more of them around Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
does www.iglu.co.uk offer something like what u want Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, quite right. Like i said before, the guy wants to see a spreadsheet with all the "vital statistics". What can i say, running statistical analyses for a living, really takes its toll Happy
hibernia, thanks for the sugestion, but he doesn't want a book/
Dan, the iglu site searches for resorts that fit your criteria. I am looking for the possibility to choose the resorts, and then view the characteristics of chosen resorts (like # of runs, lenght of runs, # of lifts, hight, maybe a mark for "apreski" - say 7 out of 10, things like that).
My coworker wants to choose the best deal from the tour operators booklets, and then compare the resorts. I tried to convice him to set the criteria first, but he is not an easy man to convince (and, yes i still want to help him, on his terms)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sugardaddy, i think iglu offers that as well.........i'm sure you can look at resort stats and things like that?????? It's been a while since i've used the website though..........
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy