Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport car rental - Swiss or French side

Poster: A snowHead
I want to rent a car to get from Geneva airport to Les Deux Alpes. My sidekick is 20 years old and keen to drive.

Hiring from the Swiss side allows a 20 year old driver whereas on the French side the minimum age is 21.

So we must hire from the Swiss side.

Are there any surprises in store for us if we hire on the Swiss side and then take the car down through France, e.g. motorway taxes ?

Mike
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micky, if you hire on the swiss side, you'll have the vignette, so no swiss motorway charges. No matter where you hire the car, you will have to pay the french autoroute tolls.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swiss side much easier to get out and into France will also have no need to pay Swiss motorway tax ..only Frech tolls to pay unless you go the back way which is quicker with no tolls
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swiss Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swiss side much better.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Done both and swiss side is a much easier drive. Its pretty straightforward so there shouldnt be any nasty surprises.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cars from the Swiss side will also come with winter tyres as standard, possibly avoiding the use of snow chains.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swiss - v. straightforward and fewer queues
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...and presumably you don't want to spend the first 2 days of your trip looking for the French side wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
micky as far as i can see the only real advantage of using the french side is that the rates can be much lower, saved about £80 once by using this side but as previously mentioned it's at all easy to get out of/back to......
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
USE SEARCH FUNCTION>

THIS HAS BEEN GONE OVER SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE!

YES I AM SHOUTING!!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rungsp, fair enough shouting but i think these sort of topics should be on the snowheads WIKI

but..... the WIKI is just about impossible to find. If ADMIN or a moderator could make a prominent link to the WIKI or better still make it a link on the MAIN forum page like Snow news i think it would be a real good addition to the site.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
rungsp, fair enough shouting but i think these sort of topics should be on the snowheads WIKI

but..... the WIKI is just about impossible to find. If ADMIN or a moderator could make a prominent link to the WIKI or better still make it a link on the MAIN forum page like Snow news i think it would be a real good addition to the site.

Agreed. No need to shout. It is supposed to be a happy site Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rungsp, skimottaret, gwaelod,
One step at a time, the search function has only recently been made easier to find.
Putting right the damage done by the turks took a little time as well.
Admin does have a proper job and sH is only a hobby Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
rungsp, skimottaret, gwaelod,
One step at a time, the search function has only recently been made easier to find.
Putting right the damage done by the turks took a little time as well.
Admin does have a proper job and sH is only a hobby Very Happy

Sorry not having a dig at the site or admin just no matter how good the search engine is people will ask the same question that has been asked before. Also quite likely they are new to the site and if there are suddenly shouted at then...... Shocked
ski holidays
boredsurfin, gwaelod, i have started a suggestion thread on the WIKI. Snowheads is great but i do find there is a lot of incorrect information posted (I have done it myself with the best of intentions) and going through old threads can be tough to follow as the truth emerges on factual matters such as car hire....
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
boredsurfin, gwaelod, i have started a suggestion thread on the WIKI. Snowheads is great but i do find there is a lot of incorrect information posted (I have done it myself with the best of intentions) and going through old threads can be tough to follow as the truth emerges on factual matters such as car hire....

Exactly, plus of course info that was correct for last season might not be for this so it's always useful to get an up to date answer.
latest report
didnt mean to highjack this thread, if anyone wants to talk about WIKI's go here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27423&highlight=
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy