Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thieves steal charity cash from ski centre in Southampton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
THIEVES have stolen a charity collection box from the front counter of a ski centre in Southampton.

Bosses at the Alpine Centre in Bassett think it was taken right under their noses during opening hours on Wednesday.

A youth handed back the empty box later that evening saying he found it outside.

The box for Naomi House, the children's hospice in Sutton Scotney, was thought to contain up to £50.

"Taking a charity box really niggles me. It wasn’t a lot of money but how low can you go?”
Alpine Centre assistant manager, Jo Davis.

Centre assistant manager, Jo Davis, said: "We've had a lot of problems with people breaking in during the evening and drinking on the slope.

"We live with that but taking a charity box really niggles me. It wasn't a lot of money but how low can you go?"

The theft comes just a month after vandals went on a wrecking spree at the centre. Equipment paid for by voluntary donations was thrown onto the slope and on to rooftops.

A ladies' toilet door was also damaged as well as ski poles at the club, which is run by volunteers.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/hampshirenews/display.var.1459730.0.thieves_steal_charity_cash_from_ski_centre.php
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy