Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sydney Morning Herald: "It's now possible to heli-ski in most parts of Europe"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
laundryman,
Quote:

plenty to ponder

Indeed, including the fact that, in my case, I shall not be doing GrahamN's route any time soon. Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle wrote:
roga,
Quote:

Which is that I agree with some things he says and don't agree with others and don't have a personal vendetta against him?

More than reasonable and an eminently mature POV don't you think??

YES! Toofy Grin

Cheers Hurtle Very Happy
achilles wrote:
roga, flattered to be put on a par with "terribly reasonable and sensible chaps". Very Happy

Jolly good Smile
laundryman wrote:
That's also a personal attack, apart from the fact that you don't name names. I don't know if it's aimed at me

I haven't got a clue who it's "aimed at", I'm making a general observation based on my own opinion of what I've read in these threads.

If the cap fits mate, and IMHO you seem to be making a god stab at making it fit, whether or not it did before, with this post.
Quote:
but if so, I'd be grateful if you could substantiate "low tolerance levels" and "hissy fit".

What, you'd like me to provide objective evidence of something that's my subjective opinion and in so doing deflect this into tiresome analysis of past posts and subjective arguments over what person A/B/C meant when they posted X/Y/Z - do I come across as the sort of idiot who'd fall for that one?

Bottom line - it's my opinion, live with it!
Quote:
For my part, if Dave (or anyone else) posts views with which I disagree, or uses flawed reasoning, I feel free to respond (trying - but perhaps sometimes failing - not to be personal).

Which is precisely the point I was making, strange how you take such exception to it... unless of course your own position isn't quite as clear as you suggest directly above.

Frankly I haven't got a clue whether it is or not and have no intention of checking back through this thread (once is enough) to see if your posts are as you suggest or not. As I say, your reply directly above suggests to me you're as guilty as some others of what in my opinion is 'unedifying' behaviour towards DG (and others Very Happy ), however I may be wrong and ultimately I don't really care whether you are one of 'em or not, they're here and although they may have started off as bad as DG in pedantry etc. they're now IMHO far worse, as I think most of the replies to my posts testify (to me coming across as petty, snide, patronising etc. etc).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian wrote:
laundryman,

Breithorn group tour, 2 hour climb, 200 CHF
http://www.alpincenter-zermatt.ch/en/winter_day_tours/group_ski_tours/details/breithorn_schwarztor/chf/

... or the same descent missing out the summit, 1 hour climb, 170 CHF
http://www.alpincenter-zermatt.ch/en/winter_day_tours/group_ski_tours/details/schwarztor/chf/

Thanks - this is just the sort of stuff to keep excitement up during the close season! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga, I asked for a clarification - it's you who seems to have taken exception.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roga, Worrying reference to pedantry just then... Embarassed But I won't take it personally Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman wrote:
roga, I asked for a clarification - it's you who seems to have taken exception.

Not from where I'm standing - I have no problem with my opinions Very Happy
Hurtle wrote:
roga, Worrying reference to pedantry just then... Embarassed But I won't take it personally Toofy Grin

LOL, please don't and anyway tongue in cheek pedantry is fun Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roga, the gentleman has asked you to produce evidence to backup your statement. I suggest you either produce the evidence - for scrutiny by others - or withdraw the statement, like a good gentleman.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roga, Since your statement was not, as you say (and I believe you) directed at anyone in particular, you do not have to justify yourself to anyone in particular. And, with consummate self-control, I shall comment no further on the immediately preceding post. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roga wrote:

Love it! Quick, make it your tag-line or I may steal it for mine Cool .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tim Brown wrote:
roga, the gentleman has asked you to produce evidence to backup your statement. I suggest you either produce the evidence - for scrutiny by others - or withdraw the statement, like a good gentleman.

Oh Tim, Tim, Tim - the game is rather tiresome but perhaps referring you, and the "gentleman" in question, to the very honest post by Hurtle above (and quoted below) will assuage you:
Hurtle wrote:
laundryman, FWIW, I didn't infer that Roga was singling you out. There are loads of people (including me) that throw hissy fits at DG! And I confess to having made a personal comment about Tim Brown earlier on this thread - but his posts annoy me so much, I simply couldn't help myself! Embarassed Toofy Grin

If it doesn't then tough and I refer you to my previously stated position:
roga wrote:

maggi wrote:
Love it! Quick, make it your tag-line or I may steal it for mine Cool .

LOL, your wish is my command but feel free to use it too - recycling is good and much better for the environment than heli skiing Wink
Hurtle wrote:
roga, Since your statement was not, as you say (and I believe you) directed at anyone in particular, you do not have to justify yourself to anyone in particular. And, with consummate self-control, I shall comment no further on the immediately preceding post. Toofy Grin

Thanks Smile In all honesty it was absolutely not aimed at anyone in particular least of all you,it was a general comment on my impressions of this thread and a number of others that I've read over the last year or so. If people want to ignore what I'm saying than no worries but I'm sure I'm not the only 'bystander' (because I generally avoid posting in these DG threads) who has this opinion. I have no axe to grind on the subject and I'd rather not remember who the particular people having a go at DG are because I'd then be in danger of judging every post they make and I don't want to do that. I know DG winds some people up inordinately, and I can sometimes see why but I see the same on both sides, and I'm sure there are people who on individual issues disagree with him and have no further agenda - if I posted in some of these threads that'd be my position. However, I do get a strong feeling that there are a number of people who just post in order to make an 'anti-DG' statement whatever the issue might be and I have got the impression of people ganging up on him which is not all that pleasant a spectacle. They may well disagree with him on every possible issue but unfortunately it comes across as being more about their having an 'anti-DG" agenda that carries on from thread to thread than their having a simple disagreement with him over the issues alone. As I've explained, and as you've graciously accepted, this is an overall perception built up over time and it's my own opinion not an objective statement. If people disagree then I have no problem with that, I'm not going to persuade those who see red at the mere mention of DG's name, but I think it's as well for someone to say how silly this all looks sometimes, at least it does to me. Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
roga, FWIW, I agree with you 100%
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy