Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Outstanding GVA Car Hire Deals from David Goldsmith

brian
brian
DG (or rather his sock puppet Hertz rent-a-quote) is doing B-class Mercedes from GVA at a weekly rate of £103, skierized (ie. snow tyres and ski rack) for £124.

You can book up to a year in advance, has to be at least a full week though.

www.hertz.co.uk

Nice one DG Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now we just need the Orange one's to release the flight's Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done David. Top marks. Pain about having to book a full week though. Can you manage good rates for weekenders Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've used the link but I can't find the rate, what am I doing wrong?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, stop being so demanding Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.hertz.co.uk/rentacar/reservation/gaq/index.jsp?targetPage=whatView.jsp

Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That rate no longer seems to be appearing on the Hertz website. I did manage to make one booking at that rate (for Christmas/New Year) but when I tried to make another booking this morning it was back to usual Hertz prices. Oh well, back to using the Holiday Autos Virgin One Account code (which I think was also a brian tip?)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar,

I used these in Nice the other day...decent prices and ran out of the Alamo office

http://www.recordrentacar.com/reserve.asp
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, thanks, I'll add that to the list I usually compare. However, I just tried the same booking as I made this morning with Holiday Autos and they came out £50 more expensive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, ops...Laughing

I agree that Holiday Autos do stack up quite well.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, just booked easyjet from Bristol to Geneva for a cheeky 13th to 19th Dec with ski gear supplement for less than £100 Very Happy Now ..... bus or car ?????
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
have you tried travelsupermarket.com gives prices from several companies the small print needs to be watched though!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

just booked easyjet from Bristol to Geneva for a cheeky 13th to 19th Dec with ski gear supplement for less than £100 Now ..... bus or car ?????

Theres a good bus service from Temple Meads which cuts through the traffic down the bus lane, so I would go train bus rayscoops
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Quote:

just booked easyjet from Bristol to Geneva for a cheeky 13th to 19th Dec with ski gear supplement for less than £100 Now ..... bus or car ?????

Theres a good bus service from Temple Meads which cuts through the traffic down the bus lane, so I would go train bus rayscoops

No way. Over the new Severn bridge, down the new motorway. Down the portway into Bristol then follow signs for the airport. I can do Cardiff to Bristol Airport in 1 hour. Its an easy drive. Don't go near the M32 use the M5 side.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Virgin One account link didn't seem to be giving a discount when I checked last week.
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helen Beaumont wrote:
The Virgin One account link didn't seem to be giving a discount when I checked last week.

Were you comparing it with the normal HA site? Whenever I've checked the Virgin code v. Fleet Europe v. regulart HA prices the Virgin always is the cheapest.
snow conditions
rob@rar, according to another snowHead, the prices seemed to be the same as normal H-Auto prices. someone else also posted to say it didn't work. However, I just checked for Turin airport and the prices are lower, so not sure what the problem is.
snow report
Martin Nicholas, gwaelod, any advice for the Geneva - Tignes bit as well Very Happy ??? Merc or bus Very Happy
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
Martin Nicholas, gwaelod, any advice for the Geneva - Tignes bit as well Very Happy ??? Merc or bus Very Happy

Hired a car in Geneva. Just me and the wife worked very very well. I know somoen who went in a group of 6 and they booked a mini bus/taxi. How many of you going? Tignes is a good 2 hour 45 minute drive from geneva.
latest report
gwaelod, no idea yet, i just booked a flight for myself, but others may tag along when they get their snowHeads into gear
snow conditions
rayscoops we always hire a car for this sort of trip for the increased flexibilty and ability to visit other resorts if you want to, make use of cheaper accom that isnt as well located etc

mind you car hire for 1 person can be a bit expensive........
latest report
rayscoops wrote:
gwaelod, no idea yet, i just booked a flight for myself, but others may tag along when they get their snowHeads into gear

At that time of year not worth worrying about accomadation or venue as yet. You got the right flight so just wait for snow now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy