Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet 2 Winter flights

Poster: A snowHead
Jet 2 winter flights on sale from Tuesday 12 th June Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
any idea what time they release them?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just for information, found out about this from a mate last night. Love the positive spin they put on it

Jet2.com's New Policy for Checked-in Luggage
As part of Jet2.com's ongoing commitment to improve our check-in process we will be asking you in advance how many bags you wish to be checked-in.

Following on from online seat selection and online check-in, this early information will help us with our planning and, in turn, help you to have a speedy and stress-less airport experience, whether you are travelling with Jet2.com for business or leisure.

You only pay for what WE carry!

If you are planning to travel with hand luggage only, you can simply check-in online, print your boarding pass and proceed directly to Airport Departures.

If you want us to carry one or more of your bags, up to of 18kgs per passenger, there will be a small charge of £6 per bag at the airport or through our Call Centre but this rate is discounted by 30% to £4 if you pay on-line.

Over the coming months we also plan to introduce online pre-advice for sports equipment and other outsized items, further improving our check-in service.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are out, they are not cheap, and they stop on the 5th April 2008, so all in all not good for us!

Sample prices, EXCLUDING taxes, baggage etc

Outward Flights - LEEDS BRADFORD to CHAMBERY Fare p.p. Flight Date Departs Arrives
£ 119.99 LS451 Sat 29th Mar 2008 09:40 12:45
£ 69.99 LS451 Sun 30th Mar 2008 07:25 10:30

Return Flights - CHAMBERY to LEEDS BRADFORD Fare p.p. Flight Date Departs Arrives
£ 119.99 LS452 Sat 5th Apr 2008 13:45 14:50

Outward Flights - LEEDS BRADFORD to GENEVA Fare p.p. Flight Date Departs Arrives
£ 119.99 LS285 Sat 22nd Mar 2008 05:45 08:45
£ 99.99 LS287 Sat 22nd Mar 2008 17:15 20:15
£ 89.99 LS287 Sun 23rd Mar 2008 17:15 20:15
£ 19.99 LS285 Mon 24th Mar 2008 07:30 10:30

Return Flights - GENEVA to LEEDS BRADFORD Fare p.p. Flight Date Departs Arrives
£ 99.99 LS286 Sat 29th Mar 2008 09:30 10:30
£ 119.99 LS288 Sat 29th Mar 2008 21:15 22:15
£ 119.99 LS288 Sun 30th Mar 2008 21:15 22:15
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Newcastle to Chambery not too bad for January dates £112 including taxes for 2.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
just had a look return from manchester to geneva in jan £48 including taxes so not that bad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fairly good prices, except for holiday periods really when they are daylight robbery. Much cheaper to fly scheduled at those times I would think. They have also changed the flight on Sunday evening so that it leaves an hour later which is good. Can't understand why they stop so early in April though.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Can't understand why they stop so early in April though.
yes quite bizarre.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just had a look for my xmas week. £90 quid just for the outbound, add ski's to that etc...

NO THANKS!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
April will be the summer schedule............
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you base it on last season, winter flights should start in Feb, end in March, then start again in May. Looking back at previous years I think Jet2 base their winter schedule around Easter, and just stop flying two weeks or so after then, irrespective of when in April that happens to be. Seems strange to me but perhaps that's why I don't own an airline
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I cant get prices what am i doing wrong HELP
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sadly the scheduled no longer run from the grim North.

Other than the KLM flights via Schipol, these are as cheap as I've seen for half term next year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, Ba have certainly put paid to DIY for many of us up here. We've started driving now.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did BA can their Manchester -> Geneva flights???
snow report
kitenski, yep. From Gatwick only now I think.
snow conditions
Didn't realise BA had chopped MCR-GVA. Bl**dy Southerners. Possibly why Jet2 set their prices as they do
snow report
BGA, exactly, at the moment there is only the Chambery flight from Newcastle, until we find out of EJ will restore their GVA one, which they tell me they have only suspended for the summer.
snow conditions
kitenski, I don't think BA had a MAN-GVA flight, the one we booked for the EOSB was with BA Connect, which of course BA flogged off to another of the LoCos.
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, Jet2 wasn't it?
ski holidays
FlyBe bought BAConnect and as I recall it was them that operated MAN-GVA. I can see NO ski destinations on the FlyBe site.
latest report
 brian
brian
kitenski, I think Manchester flights were part of the BA regional service that was sold off to flybe. flybe seem to have dropped GVA altogether.
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, Milan and Nice (and Inverness Laughing ).
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, you can still go via LHR or LGW, but it takes about 4 hours in total and is quite pricey. BAConnect did fly the route as I flew with them last summer. Bit annoying really as I was hoping to use them again. Will have to go with EZY from LPL. One flight I did take last season was BMI from LBA-LHR, bus round to LGW and then BA LGW-GVA. Worked out quite well and not as expensive as you'd think. Didn't have any bags though, probably less attractive if lugging skis around
ski holidays
brian, What part of the North do flights to Nice depart?

North Exeter or North Southampton wink
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I can see NO ski destinations on the FlyBe site.

Still looking for the word "North" in there .... wink
ski holidays
Don't Swiss do MAN-GVA? They certainly do MAN-ZRH
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, summer flight from Newcastle, it used to operate in winter too, but alas, no longer. Too many chavs wanting to go to Benidorm and Shagaluf.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
eng_ch, They do Basel from Manchester but not GVA. Swiss is part of the star alliance now, so if BMI are doing Manchester - GVA they won't be treading on their toes.

Helen Beaumont, is NCL-GVA not coming back for the winter ? That's a shame, I've used that one a lot. It had a nice late return flight on a Sunday.
snow report
brian, eJ said it would be when I asked about the loss of the flight over the summer, but I'm hoping it won't mean a reduced service.
latest report
brian, oh OK. I knew Swiss was Star Alliance but not that BMI was. The ZRH-MAN is quite a useful route though. Interestingly, Laax resort are now doing a shuttle bus from Friedrichshafen airport, CHF 160 return which seems pretty reasonable to me compared with the French Altibus
snow conditions
Just booked Leeds to Geneva £28.99 return plus taxes (Jet2) so I'm officially counting down the days now (7-15 March)!!

Total for 5 of us including taxes, bags and credit card booking fee = £314. We had wanted the following week but Geneva flight would have come to £1054 and Chambery flight was £1411 and it's not even school holidays - total rip off!

Only 261 sleeps to go! Hurrah! Laughing Laughing
latest report
marmalade wrote:
Just booked Leeds to Geneva £28.99 return plus taxes (Jet2) so I'm officially counting down the days now (7-15 March)!!

Total for 5 of us including taxes, bags and credit card booking fee = £314. We had wanted the following week but Geneva flight would have come to £1054 and Chambery flight was £1411 and it's not even school holidays - total rip off!

Only 261 sleeps to go! Hurrah! Laughing Laughing

Its not necesarily a rip off. I'd guess what you are seeing is a maturing of the low cost airline industry. They now know they can fill flights to ski destinations most of the winter & are therefore jacking prices a bit just like a crack dealer. Remember its not so long ago that £200 return to the alps would have been a relatively standard fare. What will f""k up fares this year is the extended holiday period including Feb, 1/2 of March and half of April. You can bet the airline price optimisers know exactly when school hols are for every school in the country.
snow report
Quote:

Its not necesarily a rip off. I'd guess what you are seeing is a maturing of the low cost airline industry.

I guess I didn't make myself clear - I am a penny pinching, salad cream eating, working class skier. NehNeh I won't pay an extra £1000 to travel on peak weekends or an extra £500 to travel on a Saturday. I'd rather have another holiday earlier/later in the season.

Yes, that means that my kids have to miss a few days of school, but I'm selfish like that! wink
snow report
Quote:

You can bet the airline price optimisers know exactly when school hols are for every school in the country.

Fairly well known info!

http://www.swtourism.co.uk/additional/docsys/School_Holidays_2007_8.pdf
snow report
 brian
brian
I see Jet2 have introduced Edinburgh-Chambery on Saturdays and Sundays.
ski holidays
marmalade wrote:
Quote:

Its not necesarily a rip off. I'd guess what you are seeing is a maturing of the low cost airline industry.

Yes, that means that my kids have to miss a few days of school, but I'm selfish like that! wink

Me too.
ski holidays
marmalade wrote:
Quote:

I guess I didn't make myself clear - I am a penny pinching, salad cream eating, working class skier. NehNeh )

So working class you own a ski property abroad if I'm not mistaken wink What's wrong with Bulgaria that time of year anyway?
snow report
Who else but a working class skier would buy in Bulgaria?
ski holidays
BMI (not baby) have brought back MAN - GVA (but it's expensive) after Flybe were given BA Connect rather than BA itself make people redundant.

Flybe also ditched the daily Manchester - Lyon, Birmingham - Geneva and Birmingham - Lyon flights.

For BA - read London Airways (except for one flight out of Manchester to New York).

For me fingers crossed that Ryan Air bring back East Midlands - Grenoble (always very cheap - got a £16 return last year Inc Tax! - they made a loss on it) or ThomsonFly bring back Coventry - Lyon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy