Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Want a job? *UPDATE*

Poster: A snowHead
*UPDATE*

We had a few responses and I think I scared most of them off. Wink

OK. We will be hiring a couple or very good friends.

We need a chef and a chalet assistant / host.

You don't have to be a qualified chef, just keen and reasonably able.

You will both get a really good package and you will get lots of help from us so you're not going to be left on your own.

Please email me for more details. ski@skiextra.co.uk

Thanks.

We're looking to hire someone, or possibly a couple, for the coming season in Verbier.

Start of December to the end of May, normal package of ski pass, insurance, bed, ski hire and better than average wages.

We, in case you don't know, started our company last year and had a very successful winter and we're already growing. The job will involve some driving and some general cleaning. You will also be asked to do some light ski hosting but don't worry if you're skiing isn't brilliant yet, it soon will be. Working for us will be far better than working for one of the large TOs with lots of young lads and ladies, for one you are likely to get a little holiday time as we're are unlikely to be 100% booked!

You must be over 25 (car insurance issues), keen, enthusiastic and fun. And you must hold an EU passport.

We're starting to look now as we would prefer to hire people who would need six months to sort themselves out to come out a do a season... Hand in your notice / convince your boss a sabbatical is a good idea, cut your rental agreement / get lodgers to cover the mortgage, send kids to boarding school etc... Please feel free to bring your pets with you, no kids allowed. Wink

If you are single please get in touch, we would also be keen to hear from any couples that fancy a change from life in the UK.

Please send me a PM or e-mail us at ski@skiextra.co.uk for more details.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 29-07-07 19:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parlor, My niece Lauren and her boyfriend Matt are looking to work a ski season next winter and may be interested in coming out to Verbier. Matt is 28 years old and Lauren is 24. It sounds perfect for them but my only fear is that after a season with you their abilities in powder are going to be way beyond mine! They are intermediate skiers at the moment. I shall send them the details so they can get in touch with you direct.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, EU passport or, presumably, already hold a B or C permit Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh god I want to go I want to go!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee, "You must be over 25 (car insurance issues), keen, enthusiastic and fun"

Sorry Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, saucer of milk, anyone?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know, just couldn't resist, too easy to pass up. Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, Have I missed the story of your first season that you promised us? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
parlor, Have I missed the story of your first season that you promised us? Very Happy

No. Just very very busy organising a new chalet for next season! I will do it but need to do it justice. It's going to be a long summer and I have lots to talk about: great season last year, better season next year and some good TRs & general skiing photos. So when I get a few hours in front of the computer I'll knock them out...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor wrote:
We're looking to hire someone, or possibly a couple, for the coming season in Verbier.

Start of December to the end of May, normal package of ski pass, insurance, bed, ski hire and better than average wages.

We, in case you don't know, started our company last year and had a very successful winter and we're already growing. The job will involve some driving and some general cleaning. You will also be asked to do some light ski hosting but don't worry if you're skiing isn't brilliant yet, it soon will be. Working for us will be far better than working for one of the large TOs with lots of young lads and ladies, for one you are likely to get a little holiday time as we're are unlikely to be 100% booked!

You must be over 25 (car insurance issues), keen, enthusiastic and fun. And you must hold an EU passport.

We're starting to look now as we would prefer to hire people who would need six months to sort themselves out to come out a do a season... Hand in your notice / convince your boss a sabbatical is a good idea, cut your rental agreement / get lodgers to cover the mortgage, send kids to boarding school etc... Please feel free to bring your pets with you, no kids allowed. Wink

If you are single please get in touch, we would also be keen to hear from any couples that fancy a change from life in the UK.

Please send me a PM or e-mail us at ski@skiextra.co.uk for more details.

How about employing a local, you realise there is unemployement in Switzerland as well.

Also shouldnt this be in "Chalets and Apartments"

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 6-06-07 16:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Second's away, round 1 rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wink wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton,
Quote:

How about employing a local,

Your avin a laugh, unless things have changed dramatically since I worked in CH, the type of work Parlour is talking about is deffo gastarbeiten territory. No 'proper' Swiss would consider such employmment. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor,

Sounds great, all the best
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, As boredsurfin No Swiss person would do the kind of work that we need for the money they would get, although the package is good, and we'll pay better than any other TO, it's still slave labour, but that's market forces for you. Very Happy

And it should be in "Trips" not "Chalets and Apartments" as this is going to be a very cool "Trip" for the right person / people.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?
ski holidays
parlor, two weeks too late. I've just accepted a new job. rolling eyes
latest report
parlor, Two questions:
1) What's the percentage of geriatrics amongst your guests? Enough to employ a (fun) geriatric in the post? (Don't worry about posting an ageist reply, I'm thick-skinned!)
2) What do you mean by "skiing isn't brilliant yet"? How good does it have to be?
snow report
Hurtle wrote:

2) What do you mean by "skiing isn't brilliant yet"? How good does it have to be?

You need to be good enough to put a stuck up "i ski anything backwards and on one leg whilst reciting Keats and i've only had 4 weeks on snow" type in their place, and "bad"enough to flatter the crap skiers!
ski holidays
Hurtle, 1) Depends how you define geriatrics really, on the whole we don't have many 'senior' guests. That, however, doesn't mean we wouldn't employ one... How olds old? Send me a PM if you don't want to reveal it to everyone!

2) It's not really that important, the person we would like to hire should be good enough to take other 'punters' out skiing, which means not killing yourself or them and not having everyone waiting around for you. Ignore this. Send me some information about yourself...

Nadenoodlee, true enough...

Helen Beaumont, next year? wink
ski holidays
parlor, can you afford me?
snow report
parlor, fair to say the first season of skiextra was a success? glad to hear it and good luck with the next one
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
parlor, can you afford me?

Can he afford not to Laughing
snow conditions
parlor, Your guests would all leave after a day, but your web site will be top notch wink
snow report
parlor wrote:
stanton, As boredsurfin No Swiss person would do the kind of work that we need for the money they would get, although the package is good, and we'll pay better than any other TO, it's still slave labour, but that's market forces for you. Very Happy

And it should be in "Trips" not "Chalets and Apartments" as this is going to be a very cool "Trip" for the right person / people.

Did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

There plenty of Swiss Nationals in ordinary borderline paid jobs. Gastarbieter make up the shortfall which does number in the millions however an unemployed Swiss National would allways get preference.
latest report
Parlor...incoming email for you.
snow report
Not me....don't be silly...
snow conditions
rungsp, will you be my referee?
snow conditions
Parlor is probably serious about bring the pets though...if you have a nice dog I reckon the job is yours!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about an old cat that has arthritist, bladder control problems, is deaf and going blind, but still enjoying life?
snow report
Nadenoodlee, wrote

Quote:

"i ski anything backwards and on one leg whilst reciting Keats and i've only had 4 weeks on snow"

I can do the Keats, but I'm not up to 4 week standard yet.

snowHead
snow report
stanton, you heard of the bilateral agreements?? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I've spoken to Parlor for you.
It's all arranged. He'll be happy to re-home you, him being a dog lover and generally a kind soul.

Please present yourself in Verbier on december 1st.
You will need your pet-passport, vaccination certificate and your own dog basket.
snow conditions
stanton, English youths/ski freaks are very cheap. Other people's nationals cost a lot more in terms of both basic wage and social contributions. I'm sure you are well aware of this.
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

You need to be good enough to put a stuck up "i ski anything backwards and on one leg whilst reciting Keats and i've only had 4 weeks on snow" type in their place, and "bad"enough to flatter the crap skiers!

LOL!
snow report
stanton, since when has The Netherlands been in Switzerland ??
ski holidays
Nickski, obviously alright for him to go off to other countries, but not anyone British. We'd only make the place miserable, and spoil things for the happy Dutch.
wink rolling eyes
ski holidays
Nickski wrote:
stanton, since when has The Netherlands been in Switzerland ??

Your point?
ski holidays
*UPDATE*

Sadly we will not be requiring a couple, just a single job will be available. We will however be happy to discuss any job share ideas that people (friends / couples) may have that want to come and do a season with a little more security...
snow report
Hurtle, would you be interested in a job-share? with me? (2 geriatrics sharing= one energetic twentysomething??)

parlor, seriously, I am quite interested--always wanted to do a whole season--but not as a cook/chalet girl (cleaning is fine!)--more as a ski host/rep.
snow conditions
Julieanne, mmm, interesting thought...I feel the same way as you do about preferring to clean than be a cook/chalet girl and having to produce meals every day. And I am not sufficiently confident of my skiing (or my ability to find my way round slopes efficiently - I'm low in the bump of direction department!) to ski host. I've resort repped before (a LONG time ago!) and am in fact seriously thinking of trying to go down that route again; it's what I'm probably best suited to, skills-wise. There again, I'm still not sure that I should be away from London for a whole season. Decisions, decisions...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy