Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy Alcott interview

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In yesterday's Observer, Chemmy Alcott interviewed...

Quote:
I learnt to ski when I was 18 months old in Flaine, France. My family had an apartment and we went there every holiday. It's very English - there's even a pub called the White Grouse that the French don't dare enter. There is some great skiing nearby and you can go over to Chamonix for the day which is awesome.

.../...
Quote:
It sounds glamorous but much of the time I only see the inside of the hotel room, the gym and the ski slope. I'm 22, I'm in the top 30 in the world in two disciplines and I got my first top 10 placing last season, so I'm just focused on what I have to do to fulfil my potential. April and May is an eight-week block of hard endurance, getting physical fitness up to scratch. Then we chase the snow, skiing the glaciers.

Read the full article....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If she's in the top 30, how come she only sees the inside of the ski slope?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"Learnt to ski at 18 months".....my aaaarrrrrssssseeeee!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And a 1st qualified dive to 140 ft. Wow. Not knocking her and she clearly enjoyed it, but the PADI training system. BSAC would never take a newbie to those sort of depths.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boardski, she pretty much spent her winters in Flaine at the time. I've seen French kids put on tiny little skis as soon as they're able to walk. And it doesn't take them long to learn to stay upright on a gentle slope. So yes, I can well believe she first learnt to ski at that age...

Chemmy went on to win not a few competitions as a child in France, beating the French to boot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, I suppose it all depends on how you define "learnt to ski".
I get a little sceptical when I read statements like "Learnt to ski at 18 months", "Michael could kick a ball before he could walk", "Mariah could sing before she could talk", "Tiger got his first hole in one when he was 3 " etc.........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boardski, Trouble is, if Chemmy used your definition, she'd probably say none of us have learnt to ski yet Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG,
Quote:

she'd probably say none of us have learnt to ski yet

She might be right Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG,
Quote:

Good point, well made. ......She'd certainly be spot on in my case Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I should think few here would be up to her standards! In this month's edition of "The Piste" there's a lengthy interview of Chemmy.... just one quote sums it up for me ...

Interviewer: Most people don't know the difference between a Super G and a Downhill. From a skier's point of view, what is the difference?
Quote:
CA: For me I think the Super G is the hardest event ... when you're going 70-80 mph and you're going into the course blind. You get to inspect it, but you don't get to run it, whereas in downhill you get at least one training run before the event. In Super G you're in the start gate and you just have to race, and it takes a lot of guts

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 5-10-04 8:57; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Recent pic of Chemmy in full flow.....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whenever I've watched World Cup skiing I've always been struck by the vast difference between competitive skiers at that level and even very good recreational skiers that I admire around the mountains. So

Quote:

is absolutely right in my opinion!

Regards

Rob
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy