Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Summer 2007

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great reports easiski, Good to see the season going strong Very Happy

Shame about the view wink Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Liam, It now seems a shame that'll we'll be closing on 1st September - if this keeps up we'll have ab fab snow to finish off with! Very Happy

It was really quite cold this morning, and first thing there was a lot of sunshine but the clouds rolled in. It wasn't really foggy, but light mist moving around the mountain. The snow at 3,400 was real winter snow, and there had been enough to cover most of the existing ice and so on. We (Little Tiger and myself) dared to ski down one of the currently closed bits in the fresh snow at the end of the morning. It was quite tricky going as the snow at 3,200 was by then quite heavy, the wind had moved a bit of it about and the light was rather flat - however we did have freshies!!!

It started snowing again about 12.00 so more is coming in - positively looking forward to tomorrow.

Here are pix of 1) the view from the Jandri Express looking down to the top of the Fee, and of one of the 'best' suits I've seen for a long time. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski wrote:
...... and of one of the 'best' suits I've seen for a long time. Laughing Laughing

Class.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My wife had a very similarly coloured jacket... about 15yrs ago
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SSSSUUUIIIITT...!!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hope you keep some of that snow for me on Thursday!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnnyboy, We're expecting it to snow both tomorrow and Thurs! Shocked Tipping down with rain here in town this afternoon, and cool, so deffo snowing up top. Wooohoooo! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, great, but not good for my guests in Serre Che though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Excellent! Had a minor scare when I couldn't find my passport this evening before I went out for a few beers, finally found it when I looked for it for the fourth time in the place I thought it was in the first place! Sad Smile Sad Smile Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, we had a really fantastic day today. It was sunny and cold and there was 5-10cms powder (real powder) on the wall and various spots on the glacier. A lot of the new snow had been pisted (shame), but some remained, so we had to ski it - would have been rude not to! It's really incredible how many peeps were still in the half-pipe and the racecourses, rather than skiing the pow. I find it hard to understand! Good for us though. Very Happy

Unfortunately I took a couple of photos with Little Tiger's camera, but have just spent over an hour trying to upload them without success. Windows won't play, and I can only download upgrade software - bah! Sorry guys. Hopefully we'll find a solution.

More to report tomorrow. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, sounds great Very Happy

5-10cms powder is more than i had in feb half term - i can't imagine what its like skiing powder in the middle of august. Maybe i should rectify that one year and try summer skiing? lol
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Easiski - See you tomorrow evening!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, Have PM'd you and lampbus last monday but i don't think they got there, have tried again please check. snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another great day today, but no 'freshies' Sad The snow was hard early in the morning at lower levels, but deffo full on winter stuff at 3,400m. Very Happy The sun was shining most of the time, but there was a nasty wind and it was quite cold - well - very cold for August actually! Shocked Here's a pic looking down the Dome Sud towards the lower part of the snowpark. the big jumps are away to my left. Anyway, you can see that there is much more of the white stuff than you can expect in August. Very Happy Very Happy

It's going to warm up at the weekend, so it'll probably be back to grey in a couple of days - but it was amazing while it lasted. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Firstly, I'm sorry that although I had my camera, I forgot to take a photo today - rather busy I'm afraid.

Early this morning it was cold and miserable. Actually 2 deg warmer than yesterday, but more wind and cloudy - not what you expect for summer skiing. The snow was very hard lower down but fine at 3,400m on the whole of the Dome Sud. It did get much nicer later in the morning and at about 12.00 the sun came out, the wind dropped, and suddenly we were back in summer!Very Happy

the forecast is for much warmer weather over the weekend and Monday, and then cooler again I think. We'll have to see, but if it's warm next week that's fine as I'll be getting ready to come back to the UK. Sadly, I'll have to leave on the morning of 31st and not wait for the last day, as I need to be back in Bath and ready for work on 3rd!! rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
easiski,

What do you do in Bath?
snow report
johnboy, that's a rather indelicate question! What do you do in yours?
snow report
johnboy, I shall be doing 8 weeks admin work at the University. OK for a bit of cash, but indoors is not really my best thing!

sorry about the no report yesterday, but I was too busy with Harry Potter to consider the computer! rolling eyes . It was warm but windy, today is positively hot, and the snow is suffering, however it's still better than normal (since 2003) for this time of year. It was really nice to be up there today though. Very Happy Pix are l - r yesterday at the end of the day; and this morning, looking much whiter and below yesterday looking over Dome Sud from the T-Bar;
snow report
easiski, I know it's a silly question but where are all the skiers? rolling eyes Are the lifts shut, if not should I be there rather than here. Smile Be careful what you do with Harry Potter he's got a bit of a reputation. Laughing Superb photo's as usual, thanks very much, I will miss you for 8 weeks. Sad
snow conditions
easiski, What Harry Potter explain, were the horse mags ok , Anju has taken her mum to the glacier today and she said the weather was good, she's leaving for home in the morning. are we litt up yet don't want you to fall off. Cool Cool
snow report
easiski,

Still looks good
snow conditions
Headplant, It's pretty quiet at the moment, although it is co-incidental that there are no skiers in any of the photos! The late one from yesterday was after the lifts had closed (about 14.30 I think), the early one today was about 08.30, and the one from the lift is quite extraordinary. Of course that was Saturday which is always quiet. Not deliberate though. Very Happy

R32, If you don't know (at your age) then I'm not going to tell you. The light is not up yet, but intend to do it tomorrow if I have a clear run as it were. I keep getting interrupted! Shocked Nice to have visitors though. I would have offered to help Anju and her mum (don't they look alike?), but a) frantic and b) there wouldn't be room for 3 peeps painting in your place would there?

johnboy, Snow is deffo going off big time now, and it's very warm tonight, so I think I'm going to excuse myself to the 2 girls wanting a taster lesson on Tues - no time really, and it would be a whole morning just for 50 euros. rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
Another lovely day today. We got up there early and skied 09.00 - 10.45 with fairly decent snow. I'm afraid I forgot to take a photo, but it was pretty much identical to yesterday so it shouldn't matter. Last lesson of the season tomorrow (beginners, taster lesson), so the fischers came down today and I'll take the baby scratchs up tomorrow and no poles (make life easy!) Very Happy I will do my very best to take a photo for the occasion. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, sad though it may sound, your last report of the summer is a sign that winter coming. snowHead
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont wrote:
easiskiyour last report of the summer is a sign that winter coming. snowHead

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
easiski, I've just read HP7 for the second time - first time round I just read it from cover to cover, so fast that I didn't take it all in, there's so much in it. But I effectively took a day off specifcally to read it. I was like a kid waiting for Christmas in the week waiting for it to be delivered though! Did you enjoy it?
ski holidays
eng_ch, Yes - but then I'm a big HP fan anyway (and I like long books). Very Happy I'm looking forward to getting my own copy and reading it again (I was reading Little Tiger's copy while she was here, and managed to finish it and give it back before she left. (no pressure)! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm afraid I forgot my camera again yesterday. However the snow was not great. The nursery slope was so slow it was mostly walking, and when I skied down to the resto at around 12.45 it was total water skiing for the last half! Yuk!

It's raining today, and may snow up there tonight. However I really think we've had the best of the summer now - there are only 3 days left anyway, and I'm in no hurry to see what's what!

No more snow reports now until the Mondial, but there may be the webcam on www.2alpes.com which is the lift company website.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, thanks for the summer reports. Safe journey back to flat old England.
snow conditions
brian, Bath is hardly flat! Shocked
ski holidays
Thanks for the summer reports - it's been very tempting...
snow conditions
Easiski -- Great Summer reports and photos. Top stuff.
snow conditions
easiski the reports have been great and helped pass the time in between trips, thanks!

look forward to being back on the glacier for the PSB........
snow conditions
easiski, thanks for great reports. Toofy Grin
latest report
Thanks easiski!
ski holidays
Damn webcam is showing August Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
johnboy, that'll be because the glacier's closed then.
wink
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,

Surely they could leave the cam on?
snow conditions
easiski, Yes thank you for your reports, looking forward to the next installment.....winter 2007 - 2008 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy