Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Longboarding

Poster: A snowHead
Any of you boarders tried Longboarding? I met a friend at a meet at the weekend near Grenoble. We strapped my Sanyo XACTI to his leg and got the following results.
http://youtube.com/v/3OeTxyFej3s
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went longboarding for the first time last Wednesday - loved it. Will definitely be going again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cool video there. I haven't done longboarding yet, I skateboard a lot in the park/street in the summer but this year I want this, http://demonxtreme.com/product.php?xProd=1313
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone over 18 on a longboard looks a bit sad. It is like a pretend skateboard.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, In what way is this 'sad' or 'pathetic' Puzzled

http://youtube.com/v/cfK1tqL9JMY
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
NAKEDZOOKEEPER wrote:
Whitegold, In what way is this 'sad' or 'pathetic' Puzzled

http://youtube.com/v/cfK1tqL9JMY

Nakedzookeeper -- To do it professionally for a while is fine. Make some green, appear on minor TV, get a tan and bag a groupie. Top stuff.

But a grown man ragging around on a skateboard in his freetime just looks rubbish and a bit sad.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whitegold, Opposed to searching the net to voice his opinoins? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chris, Nice video, you got a bit close to the bales at one point!! Used to do it a longtime ago on the Col des Montets here in Cham either early in the morning or late at night, wicked, but am not so flexible or daring anymore. My youth still does a fair bit and sometimes gets to 90km/h on the montets. They use a car to open the road in front of them. Madeye-Smiley Cool

Whitegold, I suggest you go and see Stanton in his coffee shop rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, Just looked at the video, it's not in Austria, that's the road coming down from Passo Stelvio to Bormio in Italy, mega steep with billions of hairpins, those guys are totally mental Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
LARGEZOOKEEPER, We were trying to find a video of Nico's elder brother and Kazoo coming down from Martigny.

Whilst at uni a friend and I took to mounting windsurf rigs on our boards and roaring around big industrial car parks and shorefronts. Its all a lot of fun until jobsworth beachwardens start chasing you down the promenade....... Toofy Grin

It's not either of us, but tis gives you an idea of what you can get up to.......

http://youtube.com/v/KdM9miX880I
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, Alex used to go up with Kazoo
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LARGEZOOKEEPER, Then you have reason to worry! Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LARGEZOOKEEPER, sorry to put the wrong message across but I'm not in the video. My input was to lend and set up the camera. I must add that the road is much steeper than it looks in the clip and they were reaching 45 mph at the fastest point.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That looks like fun. How often do people hit cars?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard wrote:

Usually just the once.
ski holidays
Masque, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Masque wrote:
Lizzard wrote:

Usually just the once.

Laughing Laughing

Great clip
I used to street ride fast when I was a kid but I would probably cause myself to many injuries if I picked it up again now.
latest report
You guys should check out Freebords too. They make a board that's similar to a long board, but has more of a snowboard ride to it with rotating wheels near each truck on it. They are becoming pretty popular here in the states. http://www.freebord.com
ski holidays
NAKEDZOOKEEPER wrote:
Whitegold, Opposed to searching the net to voice his opinoins? Toofy Grin

that was a realy good one Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
Mad a badgers!! Call me a big smelly wimp, but going that fast is bonkers on tarmac - fair play to the fellas in the vid though!

If only I had the bottle... Sad
latest report
I am at New Designers this week www.newdesigners.co.uk and a lad has designed and made a long board that has a huge camber in the board that allows lots of flex, so you can stand on it and by flexing your knees you can 'pump' the board which in turn causes the board to move forward (the wheels naturally cause this to happen), a bit like shushing a snowboard on the flat. Hard to explain but it looks fun, I will try to get the guy to post his video on Utube.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy