Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Techy kit at bargain basement prices?

Poster: A snowHead
not exactly techy, but my local Decathlon has some fleeces for sale at 5.90 each.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JT, just a thin layer of fabric, not mesh, to stop your sweaty legs sticking to the shell fabric too much. I can use them in most conditions except "bloody cold" and below. Once that cold I just put a pair of 3/4 long-johns underneath.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, I think those are actually the Mammut Extreme range. The Extreme stuff is very very well made, its Mammuts 'look what we can do' range, but suitable more towards alpinism than skiing. The main drawback for skiing use is the lack of snowskirts and internal gaiters etc. Plus, if you buy the jacket AND pants you look like a right tool (my own personal opinion only) Toofy Grin
latest report
 brian
brian
NAKEDZOOKEEPER,

The ones I pictured above are the 05/06 Nuptse, these are from the 06/07 extreme range ...

... can't disagree with your professional opinion Laughing

Does the zoo have any outstanding mammut hard shells at bargain basement prices ? (I'm thinking of a more demure carbon/black type number).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc,

I have some old NF pants which are good in almost every way, but the lining is cold, which is a bug 1st thing in the morning, hence the fleece idea but I think they are too warm..!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A fantastic and stylish one-piece, as worn in VT, ebay for about a tenner. Wink

Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Maeir Sports Symmpatex lightweight jacket. £25 from TKMAXX. Very large and a very hideous colour, but a great jacket for next to nowt.
You were robbed mate Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not very techy but a real bargain all the same. Walked into Sports World last year and they had kid's Campri ski trousers for £5.49, RRP £60. Bought a pair the next size up for my 11 year old daughter and she wore them for 2 weeks this year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Someone, somewhere, I'm sure, is walking about in my little used size 7 Lomer walking boots for nixes Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My new Arcteryx Minuteman XCR pants arrived today at over £100 off liste from EB's online Cool

JT, the Arcteryx Theta pants have full length zips & there's some great online offers at the moment from a few US stores.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Forgot to post a pic of my other recently purchased 'retro' jacket - obtained for 40p by a friend at a local Jumble Sale. Now looking for pants to match wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I get 20% off my outerwear from a friend who owns a shop, which is as far as the techy gear goes.

I did get a pair of volkl karmas at an absolute steal of a price, though I know for a fact the guy I bought them from misses them

ain't that right kiwi1 Twisted Evil
latest report
 brian
brian
Just picked up an arcteryx theta AR for $310 +tax, about £170. A none too shabby result I think Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best bargain so far was my skis - 399 Euros for skis that cost £650 over here (Volkl Racetiger SL Racing). And we didn't even get charged carriage for the extra pair of skis back from Austria.

spyderjon, you should have asked Mr Docsquid - he's got a jacket just like that, you could have had a matching pair!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have been incredibly lucky and picked up quite a few bargains:

Quiksilver Gravity Gore-tex Jacket (vents and pockets galore) - £70 (RRP £280)
Ripcurl Dermizax Pants can't remember model (insulated, vented, loadsa pockets) - £50 (RRP £150+)
Rossignol Zenith Z5 Skis 2006/07 - £182 (RRP £400)
Swix Viper CT3 Composite poles - £44 (RRP £65)

and

2 pairs of Salomon Falcon boots (1 pair Guns/1 pair Falcon 10s) - £160 (combined RRP of £540+) Shocked

I sold the Falcon 10s for £100 so I got my Guns for £60 effectively.

Do I get a prize? Oops, I got shedloads of quality gear for very little outlay - I think I've got enough already. Embarassed

I'll get my gore-tex coat. Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
2nd hand Spyder hard shell jacket - £25 Toofy Grin
latest report
Megamum, it all becomes clear - I've just seen the Spyder jacket thread now. It's a cracking deal at that price - health to wear and tear as they say in these parts. I'm still not keen on pre-owned though.
snow conditions
george_1 wrote:
I get 20% off my outerwear from a friend who owns a shop, which is as far as the techy gear goes.

I did get a pair of volkl karmas at an absolute steal of a price, though I know for a fact the guy I bought them from misses them

ain't that right kiwi1 Twisted Evil

I do miss the Karmas. Lucky for me the Icelantics are even better so I'll just have to me content with the Nomads. Little Angel
latest report
spyderjon, I might just have a pair of fluoro pink pants that match that jacket...

send me a pm!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thewahwah wrote:
......I'm still not keen on pre-owned though.

thewahwah, it's alright, I don't sweat much for a fat lad wink
ski holidays
David Murdoch wrote:
spyderjon, I don't think "arc'teryxjon" has quite the same ring to it.

Spyderjon you are now Jon of Arc
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
thewahwah wrote:

thewahwah, it's alright, I don't sweat much for a fat lad wink

spyderjon, I'm sure that if you did, it would be pure after being filtered through the silver-impregnated baselayers and the expensively weaved fleece mid-layer - almost like volvic. Toofy Grin
snow report
thewahwah, spyderjon,
Quote:

spyderjon wrote:
thewahwah wrote:

thewahwah, it's alright, I don't sweat much for a fat lad

spyderjon, I'm sure that if you did, it would be pure after being filtered through the silver-impregnated baselayers and the expensively weaved fleece mid-layer - almost like volvic.

Oi, you pair, give over......I am intending to wear it wink
latest report
stoatsbrother wrote:
spyderjon, I might just have a pair of fluoro pink pants that match that jacket...

36" waist/31" leg by any chance?
snow report
PisteHead wrote:
David Murdoch wrote:
spyderjon, I don't think "arc'teryxjon" has quite the same ring to it.

Spyderjon you are now Jon of Arc

Laughing Now there's a thought wink
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
Oi, you pair, give over......I am intending to wear it wink

Odour de goat disguises anything doesn't it Laughing
ski holidays
spyderjon, nope - you would have to lose a bit of weight Toofy Grin

But I suspect I would too now.. Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, your name still works for me. On my last trip, I picked up the nickname of Spyder as I was the only one not wearing a Spyder jacket (and wearing a jacket that looks suspicuously similar to yours).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy