Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith Ski Camp - Saas Fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am considering going on one of the Warren Smith camps in Saas Fee for a week and was wondering if anyone here had attended or had any comments.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BennyK, been the last three years and going again this year. Excellent coaching, generally good conditions (exceptional last year 40cm+ fresh powder in August) on the glacier, and very good social side. Never met anyone on the courses who didn't get a lot out of it and I suppose the best recommentdation would be the large number of people I bump into in Verbier doing one of Warren's winter courses as a result of doing a course in Saas Fee in the summer.

If the late snow/low temps continue this year it should make for excellent summer skiing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most of the freesyle skiers I sponsor are heading there with Warren and Pat Sharples. Those of them who have done the camps before have nothing but praise for the camps.
From what they say, I couldn't think of a better way to spend a couple of weeks in the summer. DO IT.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BennyK, just for clarification Warren does both the WS ski academy courses, which are probably what you are looking at, which are to improve technique for both on and off piste skiing and also the British Freeski camps which is what kiwi1 is talking about, which are more freestyle based. I've done the WSSA courses for the last three years and they are superb, foolishly I've been talked into doing the freestyle camp this year in a vain attempt to recapture my youth and learn how to jump, do skiercross and so on. Both are excellent, but make sure you are doing the one that you want.

kiwi1, if I'm doing the freestyle course and you gave me a good deal on those VIST bindings does this mean I am now a sponsored skier?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmmmmmmm How about since you bought them from Jon you're sponsored by Jon's Ski Tuning. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent. I am now sponsored to the tune (excuse the pun) of slightly discounted ski bindings and a bacon sandwich. And I only had to buy several hundred quids worth of tuning gear to get that. I might ring up Oakley next..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jon didn't get you coffee? Shocked I am Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Actually that is an important point....I can now say:

I am a sponsored skier.

Sponsored by Ski Service in Verbier: They gave me a pair of skis for free.

OK, so they were throwing out their ex-rentals prior to a major shop refit and I was after a pair of rock skis.
OK so they are not exactly new.

Still....I claim sponsored status!

I will accept further product endorsment opprtunities, PM me with your best terms.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kiwi1, he did, but as a newly sponsored skier I didn't want to broadcast it just in case the taxman comes after me for benefits in kind. It's very complicated this professional athlete thing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Call the coffee a donation so it's tax deductable. What ever you do, don't say the coffee is part of your Jon's Ski Tuning sponsorship deal or Gord the taxmachine will charge you for it. Very Happy

BennyK, Sorry mate, seemed to have been side tracked from your question. An answer in short. You can't go wrong with any of the Warren Smith camps or courses. Enjoy. I know many skiers who have had a great time and taken a hell of a lot away with them from the courses.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BennyK, I have done the Verbier course and had an excellent week quite a few in my group had previosly done Saas Fee and said they had a had a great time with good conditions.
I dont know how fit you are but you bound to be fitter than me Laughing Up your fitness regime as you will need the stamina. I had one evening out while doing the course as was way too tired to be going out on the pop Laughing
Have fun snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy