Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trespass - Brand Building Research

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Fat face is another object lesson in how you can essentially sell cheap stuff at high margins to non price sensitive consumers. From a ski bum start-up (at least that's the legend -

Definitely not a legend, it's a fact Laughing We have got one of their original sweatshirts as sold in resort bars out of a back pack!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I met one of the founders of Fat Face in Whistler the season before last whilst having a beer or three at Merlins. Sold up, spending the season there with the family before spending the summer sailing in Australia. Was getting backing to the lifestyle that he started Fat Face to fund, until it took up all his time running the business.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dg3, I think it's only fair that this be a two way street. There's a lot of insight going your way and nothing coming back (yet?).

The 'blokes' amongst us like hi-tech bollux . . . though it would be nice to think that Whitegold actually had a cognitive ability beyond a 12 year old to realise why rolling eyes . . . Hi-tech doesn't mean obfuscatory crap to disguise the fact that your threads are the same as your competitor's,

There are loads of developments including communications technology, electroluminescence etc. that are not expensive in implementation to distinguish your clothing and adding interesting design is a de facto requirement . . . that's one area that trespass is sadly lacking. It is possible to have a modicum of style as well as being price sensitive.

Interesting designs in good fabrics with useful features rather than overkill . . . how about a 3/4 zip or stud on all powder-skirts that connects to the same on all trews? We don't want to be seen in a romper suit but that doesn't mean we wouldn't appreciate the warmth and convenience of knowing that whatever we buy is compatible with each piece from the same manufacturer.

You get ideas from us . . . you feed us back with the development process . . . and add the snowHeads logo to the product to credit us with our input Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, It is a pitch remember.

The original poster does not own, or control, the Trespass brand. Trespass may, in the end, decide to stick to their knitting and concentrate on bargain basement clobber.

Either way this thread is just a few ideas, some feedback, so I cannot see Snowheads getting a seat on the board. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dale Goldsmith, If snowHeads has no value dg3 shouldn't be asking for its insight and I think this forum has a great deal of credibility and there's no reason that shouldn't be recognised by a/the manufacturer. Seat on the board? No, but a badge on the jacket . . . why not?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dale Goldsmith, Masque, You're both right - it is a pitch - which I'm unlikely to win and it is at my financial risk later in the summer to submit my proposal to Trespass. Which will involve a planner, formal research, creative and lot's of account handling hours. Masque, as a long time member, if infrequent poster of Snowheads - I greatly value the collective's opinions and thoughts. Hopefully it has been an interesting thread for all those that have participated.

As I originally stated, I will be donating a 1/2 day of 1 to 1 ski instructing (to Russell) as a token of goodwill for the opinions. However if I were to win the pitch, of course I will up my donation to Snowheads - rude not to.

Thanks again guy's - and a sneak preview - I do think there is no point in Trespass swimming upstream to compete with the big boys - I think it may be interesting to celebrate what it does great - cheap and reliable outdoor clothing for all (but maybe tweaking a few quality perceptions on the way wink) .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't know how this will fit in but I think a lot of younger people are looking for ski wear that doesn't look like ski wear. I don't have any problem buying Trespass stuff but it all looks a bit too skiing, if you know what I mean. If you look at other brands which are relatively cheap like roxy etc. they make jackets which don't look out of place on a wander round town. I personally prefer plain block colours, which coincidentally is what a lot of the more expensive brands make. ( I don't have an expensive jacket, its from TK maxx but it was the least ski looking one I could find, I would love an arc'teryx one ) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy