Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's chucking it down in Chamonix, again (May 28)

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry to poach Agenterre's embryonic thread - but he's right (and the forecasters were wrong). They were suggesting a 1,300m rain snow limit...my apartments are at 1,050m. And these are the views out of the windows this morning.

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, No problem ! Great photos ... and some folks need substantiation ( although you may be accused of photoshop-ing wink )
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Agenterre,

Substantiate this !

[very deep sigh]
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, Damn photoshop ! Grim - mints (aka Resort Y) one assumes ?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Agenterre, one assumes correctly. That's rmgowers' crane at the left hand side, I guess the schedule might be slipping today.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool snowHead
Any word/pics from Austria anyone?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 28-05-07 10:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blooming 'eck!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, you could be right! I better give the developers a call a tell them to start digging Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, no fesh snow seemed to fall in Austria. Switzerland had most of the fun.
Andermatt (1450 m) was covered by snow in the morning. The Jaunpass (1700m) had 11 cm fresh snow, and Grindelwald reported 19 cm.
The freezing level went down as low as 1200m in the Easter parts of Switzerland.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kerekip, I reclon the freezing level was not far above 1,000m here - 'twas 0.5C at 11.00am (if my little thermometer is accurate).

A tad fresh for the end of May! Especially as it was 27C only 5 days ago!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, according to snow-guess.com temps are scheduled to just be beginning to drop in Austria with 50cm snow forecast for Hintertux in the next 2 days.

I was there this time last year and it snowed then too. I think I shall go again next year.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch, 1200m is reported by the Swiss papers, but I always preferred your (and others') on-site reports. (Keep on posting Smile )
Here, in Budapest we had 32C yesterday. This cold front is predicted to arrive here by Wed-Thu with 21C.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kerekip, 32C is maybe just a little too warm...at least if you're having to be active at all.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, damn, I was invited by a friend to go to Hintertux this week and was debating whether to go all last week rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chalatanefc reports 2 days of rain for his Zermatt trip Laughing . Going home today and woke to 10cm of fresh snow in the village Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Chalatanefc reports 2 days of rain for his Zermatt trip Laughing . Going home today and woke to 10cm of fresh snow in the village Laughing Laughing

Never mind, Charlatan, just remember... when you walk through a snow storm, hold your head up high...
ski holidays
Mrs LZK just walked up to Charamillon at Le Tour (1850), 50cm of new snow
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guess where? Very Happy
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Les French Alps sans-style ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chucking it down in Avoriaz

Les Gets

Cairn Gorm

snowHead
snow conditions
Should it really be snowing this much nearly in June. What will the mountain bikers say?!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
chrisb, "brrrrrr" ?
ski holidays
brian, Where has all the mud gone as I do like sleeping with my bike?
ski holidays
Lech Austria

http://www.lech-zuers.at/xxl/_lang/en/_season/at1/_area/585619/_subArea/585774/_inc/live-camera/index.html
latest report
chrisb wrote:
brian, Where has all the mud gone as I do like sleeping with my bike?
I'm sure she is chuffed to hear that wink
snow report
Oberlech today

http://live.flashing.net/skiarlberg/LifteOberlech.jpg
snow report
has anyone actually managed to get out and ski in this fresh, or are all lifts shut in Europe???
snow report
A Daily Mail article:
If you thought our weekend was bad look at the weather across the water...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
has anyone actually managed to get out and ski in this fresh, or are all lifts shut in Europe???

The Grand Motte in Tignes is open I think.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, Zermatt's furggsattel gletscherbahn chair has been running.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:

All the lifts shut up along time ago (Except Glacier) & the operators are now all on holidays in Thailand, Indonesia etc Very Happy
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
kitenski wrote:

They may open for you Rob but otherwise I think pretty much everthing, including the Aiguille du Midi, is shut.

Still that doesn't stop one taking advantage

Dent de Crolles ski tour
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
kitenski wrote:

They may open for you Rob but otherwise I think pretty much everthing, including the Aiguille du Midi, is shut.

Still that doesn't stop one taking advantage

Dent de Crolles ski tour

OK, that will at least lessen the pain of being stuck in London Smile

Nice trip report, as ever.
snow report
davidof, Aiguille du Midi is still open, at least the missus goes to work there everyday so if it's shut I might have the odd worry Toofy Grin
latest report
excellent davidof, I'd have put money on you being the first (only??) snowhead to take advantage of the fresh Very Happy
snow report
LARGEZOOKEEPER wrote:
davidof, Aiguille du Midi is still open, at least the missus goes to work there everyday so if it's shut I might have the odd worry Toofy Grin

Ahh thanks. There you go snowHead s, flight to cham then something like Mont-Blanc by the Three Mont Blanc route or the Mont Maudit. Would have been excellent today I imagine. Oh and you can get next year's boots fitted at the same time. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy