Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I passed

Poster: A snowHead
I've been a very quiet snowHead recently, because I've been very busy training to be an aerobics instructor.

Well, the good news is that I passed my final assessment this weekend. I have also taken and passed the Step aerobics module, so I am now a fully-fledged aerobics instructor. Already got two classes a week to start ASAP. This could be a whole new career, despite the fact that I've already retired from work once!

Now I can get back to regular trips to the Snowdome - first up learning to board in a day on 10th June if anybody is around and fancies a good laugh.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
docsquid,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
docsquid,
Well done I guess you are bounceing round the room
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
docsquid, Well done & congratulations - you deserve to feel very proud of yourself. snowHead Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II wrote:
docsquid,
Well done I guess you are bounceing round the room

I've been banned by Mr Docsquid from doing aerobics for 2 days because he's fed up with it!

I am secretly very pleased to have passed 'though. I already have two classes a week (one my own, one cover for maternity leave) to do - both of them Step.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
docsquid, Mucho Congrats, I remember the day I passed my AAAI/ISMA exams, had a real buzz for a week after. Very Happy Well done you
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
docsquid, Does it follow that, as an instructor, you have to be fitter than your class?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, in theory, yes. In practice - it depends on the class! It does actually take a whole lot more energy to do the class to the highest level AND talk than it does to just do the class. However I'm old and wrinkly and grey haired, so I'm not intending to do very bouncey classes anyway.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
docsquid, I wish I was as fit as you - although I've done it in the past I think 1/2 hour of step now would flatten me!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well done. I'm tired just thinkin about do aerobics nevermind doing it
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
docsquid, Well done and big congratulations Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
docsquid, Well done Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
docsquid, Congratulations Very Happy Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Congratulations docsquid Very Happy Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
docsquid, congratulations. You'll need to be fit for that learn to board in a day course. I did it. Well taught, and very enjoyable but two days later I could scarcely move. Please feedback on how you get on.
ski holidays
docsquid, congratulations. Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
Thank you everybody for your congratulations. It was fun to go to the Snowdome today and do something other than aerobics for a change (and to feel that at last I'm getting to grips with my new skis).

Maybe if we make an EoSB or MSB or one of the other snowHead snowHead do's, I can do some warm-up aerobics for everybody Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Docsquid,

How did you go about getting on a course. I have taken voluntary redundancy as I would like to do something different. Sport has always been my first love.

Having seen your post has got me thinking, however when I made enquiries at our local job centre with an advisor they told me they didn't know how to go abput it.
snow conditions
skiing mariner, I did mine through FutureFit Training, but there are several other training providers. I wanted to do it this way as the Anatomy and Physiology bit is distance learning, and being as I'm a doctor, I didn't want to sit through basic stuff in the classroom. Also the training is over long weekends so you can work it round existing employment. There are other trainers including YMCA Fit, who offer the training mainly in the classroom during the week. Most of them also offer gym instructor and personal trainer courses. FutureFit were, I thought, extremely good for the basic Exercise to Music qualification. I don't know what they are like for gym instructor and personal trainer. I've heard Premier are particularly good for the latter.

Here's some URL's to try

http://www.icslearn.co.uk/
http://www.futurefit.co.uk/
http://www.premierglobal.co.uk/course/default.aspx
http://www.fitness-instructor-training.co.uk/index.html
http://www.ymcafit.org.uk/

Hope this helps.
snow conditions
Docsquid,

Thanks for the info. I shall start looking into it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy