Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fleet Street begins its annual snow blitz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From now through New Year the weekend travel supplements will be liberally dosed with ski/board articles. The main blitz will be this month, with everyone getting geared up for the ski shows and those brochure booking forms...

The Guardian has lots of ski and board coverage today - click here.

If you've seen a good snow travel supplement on any national newspaper website, this is a good place to link it.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 2-10-04 14:06; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
50 best ski holidays from T.O.s selected by Peter Hardy for the Telegraph. A range of prices - and includes Bansko (before Glynis or Vladan object and Wengen for DG Orf).
Also from the Telegraph, a page giving access to other articles, web cams and services.
You will need to register to access these. Unfortunately the multipage supplements issued for Norway and Austria are not (yet) available on line. Nor were they delivered with overseas editions. Blast.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've seen this - there is an article with a lot of useful web addresses geared towards those who want to diy their ski trip on the net, but no mention of Snowheads! And can you trust anyone who not once, but twice, in boxed bold type, prompts you to turn to the Classified section "for more Ski Holiday's". This was clearly compiled by greengrocers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The mother-in-law kept the torygraph's "48 page ski special" supplement for us. A frialy interesting article about smaller candian resorts (red, sun peaks, big white etc : the BC Interior alternatives to Whistler / Banff), but the majority was advertisigin features on Norway and Austria. Not worth the time reading for me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks to skanky (Piste department) for spotting yet more ski/board articles from the Guardian/Observer stable today (Sunday 3 October):

Click here for a summary of the articles available.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the Sunday Times did theirs last weekend, too.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love it when the weekend travel sections start doing ski articles again, especially when Peter Hardy includes the Hotel Dorfschmeide in Hinterglemm in his list of best places. (Cos that's where I've booked). Roll on Christmas!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Observer has an article by Peter Beaumont on Val Thorens here. He seems to have stuck to the high end hotels! For some reason I recognise the name, he may have been an inhabitant of SCGB.

There is also a brief news item on Newfoundland here.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stacks of ski/board holiday coverage in today's Sunday Times: 12 electronic pages on their website, with 'bests' in various categories, dos and don'ts, and tour operator listings: click here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent, so have the Sunday Times started their weekly articles about Val D'Isere dressed up as something else yet? ie driving to the Alpes (VdI), private lessons in the Alpes (VdI), weekend breaks (VdI) and so on and so on until May Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Excellent, so have the Sunday Times started their weekly articles about Val D'Isere dressed up as something else yet? ie driving to the Alpes (VdI), private lessons in the Alpes (VdI), weekend breaks (VdI) and so on and so on until May

Keeps all the Sunday Times readers there and the rest of us can enjoy the rest of the alps Wink
Actually they will probably mention Courchevel, Zermatt, Aspen and Vail and if doing an 80's nostalgia piece Verbier (Sarah Fergusons old haunt will be trotted out)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't forget, Wengen, Murren and St Moritz.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy