Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tele-mark Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have fun everyone. If anyone get's hooked - I have some tele skis available for free - they'll do for dryslope use ....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im just planning to rock up at noon and hope for the best. ( i have some new SL skis that need a run in so fancy a go indoors on any type of planks)

hope to see some peeps there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just trying to get confirmation form Richard that everything is ok for Saturday
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've kept Saturday free.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still keen to attend if Richard is available to take us in the afternoon
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry guys having got everyones' hopes back up I'm having difficulty getting final confirmation & having checked Xscapes booking site the session obviously isn't in the system yet for booking. Hopefully will get some news tomorrow. My apologies again if anyone feels they have been messed around.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, That's cool. I'll check back tomorrow
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BUMP

OK we're on.

Richard's had some problems clearing it with MK but if everyone's prepared to put a bit of faith in then it will work. I've agreed 12pm meeting the Snozone cafe tomorrow with a view to getting on the slope at 12.30. PM me if you need my mobile.

Cost regular slope time 2 hrs plus a little bit extra each to cover Richard's costs as there isn't time to sort out the full pricing & advance booking. He'll bring enough skis and boots in sizes indicated though his largest is a size 11 with a packed out liner that he says he's had 11.5-12s in before.

Hope everyone can still come as I don't want to let him down now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK, deal...see you tomorrow! (And Ta! too)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
see you guys there <rub> woohoo . Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 15-06-07 17:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll be coming along tomorrow - meeting up in the Snozone cafe at 12:00 sounds good.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
im in as well, i will be doing some lessons earlier so may not be at the cafe bang on time, depends when the lesson finishes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cafe at noon. I'll be there. Thanks for sorting it. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, Well done, see you in the cafe at noon. Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, Thanks again, great fun & good to meet some more snowHeads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
So have you all gone all transcendetal with your freed heels and minds ? wink
snow report
brian, definately am a convert and cant wait to go again!!!!

not sure what hurts most this morning, my quads or my face from grinning so much. excellent day out and very well organised by fatbob,
ski holidays
Glad everyone enjoyed it - didn't see many glum looking faces after and from what Alaistair & I observed everyone was making remarkable progress for the first time.
snow conditions
Couple of vid snippets here for folks to critique:

Mr Pink

Mr Black

Quicktime sorry folks
snow report
Hey how did it go?
snow report
Yep, thanks to fatbob for fixing this up. Richard was a really fun instructor, and clearly really enjoyed himself as much as (or even more than) we did. After feeling incredibly precarious for the first run or two, the basics of the balance got keyed in pretty quickly - in my case the penny dropped with I allowed my toe joint to flex rather than just pivot all at the binding hinge. It did take me a while to avoid turning very tight circles when left foot forward (but right foot forward was fine from the start), but then all of a sudden that kicked in and we were all pretty much linking turns of sorts by the end of the session. skimottaret clearly took to the whole thing like a duck to water! Not sure why his quads are hurting though - mine are fine (although they may be trying to hurt, but the messages aren't getting through as my back is giving me such jip at the moment Sad )

Having worked very hard over the last four years to get my alpine to a level that I can now just about ski the kinds of places I want to, I'm not about to bin that in the near future. I am keen to have another session or two though, which seemed to be the general concensus - and Madmonk seemed to be up for another session next week! Nick W and I are right in the middle of our race season though (I have races each of the next 5 weekends), but some time in the middle of August was suggested for another meet.
snow conditions
fatbob, Absolutely brilliant afternoon Very Happy many thanks for plugging away at the organisation. Its great going back to the shared fun of learning as a group of complete beginners; something I'd completely forgotten about.
I'd definitely be up for another session with Richard in the middle of August as GrahamN suggests.
Quads and backside should have hurt the day after but strangely the wear and tear seems minimal. Certainly my knees were intact. The same cannot be said for the rest of me however following a good solid tumble in my slalom race the following day. As predicted getting off tele kit and back onto slalom skis is almost worse than the other way around Blush
Thanks to all the other snowHead who attended and helped to make it a very rewarding day.
latest report
Had a great time everyone was in high spirits Very Happy. It was very rewarding learning in group and richard is a right character lol. Once i get my telemark boots sorted (hopefully in next couple weeks) ill be up at milton keynes practising. But yea count me in for next session. I want to get up to speed for the coming season Twisted Evil .

<smiles>
ski holidays
Madmonk, Nice one, that is hard core and very committed going straight in for new boots. After our session i have to admit to looking at the various manufacturers sites and i recon the Scarpa T2 is right for me... My toes are VERY sore after the session not having big enough boots. if i was to have another go I may need to invest in yet more gear. In the last 12 months i have got 3 pairs of skis, boots, helmet and avalanche stuff am a bit loath to carry on with my spending spree. rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy