Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boarding on sand

Poster: A snowHead
any one done any boarding on sand? does it have a name - sandboarding? I am sure I saw it on TV in Dubai, I think,
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's also done in Morocco. Not done it myself though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seen it done in Chile, on the dunes in the Atacama desert. Guys would get so far then stack really impressively. Some fantastic skin off injuries as well. Think I have some photos somewhere, will try and dig them up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've skied the Dune at Pila. Fresh tracks everytime!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I "snowboarded" on mud in Saalbach in March! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richie, you won't be impressed by this thread then.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, Somehow I don't think you're going to have much luck on Swansea beach! Thought about wakeboarding or dirtboarding? There's a good dirtboarding centre up in Hay-on-Wye.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier, Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saxabar, maybe wakeboarding off Mumbles, but there are some big dunes down Gower way Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
saxabar, "Mountain boarding" if you please Very Happy Sounds much nicer than "dirtboarding"

Was mountain boarding myself last Sunday. Excellent time even though there was heavy rain at times (great for attempting 360 powerslides Very Happy ). Soaking wet and mud splattered - great fun Very Happy (hmmmm maybe dirtboarding is a more apt name!!)

There are quite a number of centres in the South West - including Bridgwater, Bideford and Penpont, Powys. Round 3 of the ABTA-UK National Series is being held at Bideford in July.

If you snowboard then mountain boarding is an absolute doddle. You just have to get used to the fact than you can't stop quite as quickly as you can on a snowboard.

http://www.atbauk.org

I'm going longboarding tomorrow night. Not done that before so looking forward to trying something new.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dobz, mountain boarding is great fun, my brother got one to use with his kite but i keep borrowing it to go down big hills, it's the closest I've found to the feel of snowboarding until you slam; that hurts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you want to get the closest feel to the movement of a snowboard - but on the road! Try one of these....

http://www.freebord.com/

http://www.freebord.co.uk/

Absolutley awesome once you get your head round it - but hurts when you stack it. Rode one at a mates place down the hill to Porth beach in Newquay...carnage! Toofy Grin

Check out the vids..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Robbof, That looks cool as! I ride a Lush longboard but it does have its limitations - namely being able to stop in a tight spot!

Dobz, I haven't tried 'mountain' wink boarding yet, but do intend to head up to Hay-on-Wye to have a go (I live in Cardiff)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sounds like I am in for a bit of fun this summer !!! but I am way too old for a skateboard Very Happy even if it does ride like a snowboard snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
saxabar, Absolutely mad, the first time you commit to bringing the edge into play is very weird but once you get the feel of it, it rocks! Have to wear guards and a lid though, knee pads the lot because one fall is messy!

rayscoops, True Ray, it's not quite the same as wiping out in powder when you hit the concrete!

Bad enough on mountain-boards to be honest, lost loads of elbow skin at Ashton Court, Bristol last Summer! Great laugh though...especially in 28 degree heat!!
snow report
Swirly, Where do you board?
snow report
Sandboarding and mountainboarding suck.

They are rubbish and look sad.
snow conditions
Dobz, unfortunately the board isn't mine so I've been restricted to fields in the south east. If I got one up here I guess the best places would be the hills round the vale of Clwyd and over towards the peak district.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Sandboarding and mountainboarding suck.

They are rubbish and look sad.

Ooooh ... Controversial NehNeh
latest report
I have just got to get a longboard Very Happy

Tried longboarding last night - waaaaahey love it Razz
Tescos car park (the empty part) wonderful Very Happy

Swirly, Went up the Horse Show Pass a while ago - excellent apart from the sheep! Some great places round North Wales. Forests with fire tracks are brilliant.

Robbof, I've seen those freeboards but not had a go on one. They do look rather good.

Whitegold, So I'm sad Very Happy <------------------ Is this the face of someone who cares ?? NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy