Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So its all over then (mostly) for another year

Poster: A snowHead
Sounds as though most of the non glacier skiing resorts closed this last weekend.

As predicted last October the season will finish with far more snow than it started , in fact probably more snow above 2000m than any time before mid February.

Perhaps one immediate response to climate change would be make the season more flexible or else plan to start later and finish later, at least in the high resorts ?

The good news ?
Next month the nights start closing in and we begin the countdown to winter again. Toofy Grin

The bad news ?
The really good skiing these days doesn't begin before March Shocked

The MetO should be releasing its long range model prediction for next winter soon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

The MetO should be releasing its long range model prediction for next winter soon.

So what do you think for Europe? More of the same pattern, worse or a swing the other way, and we get the snow North America had this season.
Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sage, Who can say? We could easily have a stonking season next winter - just can't telll till it gets here. This one was OK in the end, last year was brill, can't remember any further back. Personally though, I wouldn't want another 7 weeks of -20 at 09.00 in resort as we did 2/3 years ago - much too cold! This last winter was much nicer for working in! Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, year just finished was ok, esp above 2000m,
2005/06 stonker of a year
2004/05 absolutely terrible year, and it snowed more in the last two weeks of the season than it did the whole rest of the season,
2003/04 incredibably wonderful season, and it started in Oct
2002/03 (i wasn't here( but the other half was and he says it was good, not as good as last year but not as bad as this year, then he broke his pelvis!

thats as far back as i can go!

but i did go to 2 alps in 2001/02 and i also went to chamonix and that season was total pants!

so there you go!

they say here that you cant get two bad season's in a row................ so i say........................
BRING ON SEASON 2007/08
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sage, be careful... not all of North America got good snow this year. Colorado was just OK, the northeast had nothing until February, and so on.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You ALREADY got some of N.American season! The east coast didn't get ANY snow till mid-Feb. And it just kept on snowing all the way till the end of April!

All the east coast resorts ended up extending their season for a couple weeks.

Frankly, I like this late season snow stuff. I couldn't care less about X'mas. I'm usually too busy with the holiday to even think of skiing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssh wrote:
Sage, be careful... not all of North America got good snow this year. Colorado was just OK, the northeast had nothing until February, and so on.

I was forgetting things were a bit strange in N America too. Massive dumps in parts of Canada, but some resorts closing down in the USA.

snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski wrote:
Sage, Who can say? We could easily have a stonking season next winter ..

I like to think that, I don't like to dwell on the doom and gloom that comes out of having not so good a season (below 2000m anyway).

[off topic] Oh, and my brother (Evski) and sister in law were up visiting me this month and mentioned they had some lessons off you in Feb. They were very impressed Very Happy [/off topic]

snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was all over this season before it started
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, speaking as someone who has been in resort all season from beginning to end, I can safely say you are talking unmitigated nonsense.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No change there then Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard wrote:
stanton, speaking as someone who has been in resort all season from beginning to end, I can safely say you are talking unmitigated nonsense.

Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Well, so some people were telling us. If we'd listened to them we'd none of us have bothered. At our resort where skiing only goes up to 2000m most of the pistes were fine for most of the season and you could ski back to village level until mid April. I really enjoyed not having to dress like an Arctic explorer to go out for the day. More fresh snow would have been nice, as would the possibility of skiing the more distant areas at lower altitudes, which were very poor or closed for much of the season. It was neither a disaster nor a triumph. And the posts above illustrate how the swings and roundabouts have worked for the past few years. I am not even going to think about next season's snow till at least November; let's enjoy some summer. I'm about to go and scrub some weed off the bottom of my sadly neglected boat...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:

What was all over the season? rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sage, aah - he's your brother! We did have fun, and they learnt very quickly. I think they're doing a bit at Norwich from time to time. (Totally off topic). Very Happy
ski holidays
Lizzard, seconded! Very Happy
ski holidays
Spoke too soon.
Looks like the new season has arrived early on Cairngorm and its staying cool for the rest of May Shocked

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2285
ski holidays
Peter S, Good picture, in Glasgow it feels cold today.

snowHead
snow report
Still snowing in the Cairngorms..... and still skiing to be had amongst the ultra keen.....Respect. Smile

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2294
latest report
Peter S, Winter hasn't gone yet Very Happy

Cairngorm web cam

snowHead
ski holidays
More snow in Val D'isere again.

http://www.valdisere.com/gb/webcam/webcam/webcam.php
latest report
 brian
brian
Peter S, snow down to the village in Zermatt today too !
snow conditions
brian, I've just been looking there. It looks even better on the Cervinia side. April and May seem to be swapped round this year, certainly in the Western Alps and Southern England. Strange!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy