Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski kit pro s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This thread may interest you
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=26616&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-05-07 17:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That apostrophe has gotta go!

The asking prce may be £60k but such small businesses are notoriously tough to sell so I suggest there's loads of negotiation room (the important figures aren't divulged). It isn't uncommon to pay an amount on completion followed by annual "kickers" if the business pans out. Sounds like the owner simply wants out and to recoup cost of all the kit (that would be my guess based on them saying that the business hadn't had their full attention) so maybe an ante of £20k plus say £500 per month for year. Your friend really has to be tough now. Sounds like he's falling in love with the idea and that's a recipe for disaster. Done right he could almost get trading off the back of a credit card limit! I woudn't recommend having loads of partners / investors in such a small concern... one sleeping partner with a bit of spare cash, enthusiasm for the project and some business nous would be best if you really must.

Offer a pittance for the old stock - last year's stuff has always been only worth a fraction of new and there must be hods of gear hanging around in warehouses all over Europe right now to snap up.

Ski hardwear suppliers have had a very poor selling-in season so, if ever there was a time to drive a bargain for stocking new stuff, this must be it. He needs to suss out who'll do SOR or give him favourable terms as a new stockist. I'm sure he has enough mates.

Go for it. The risk is small, the fun could be massive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, Done' Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy