Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet warns of "snake oil sellers" in carbon offsets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
austin7, just burn it off... Wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
austin7, with trees - you grow lots and lots of trees to suck the CO2 out of the air, then you burn them in these great big floppy fireproof bags. The solids and gases are seperated. The solids go to make ash blocks for building, the gases go to the bottom of the sea. Salted.

What I meant initially is that the bags would be filled with CO2 that's been scrubbed from the flue gases of power stations etc. This can be done using chemicals such as MEA (see http://www.netl.doe.gov/newsroom/backgrounder/mb-0002.html ) which are then heated (opps, more energy input required!) to drive off the CO2 (oops, what shall we do with the driven off CO2?) so that the MEA can be recycled (oh my word - recycling!!!).

At the end of the day, there is one simple answer - we need to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and look at alternatives.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
petemillis, i have enough trouble getting a decent sized beach ball to stay under water.. those hindenburg sized CO2 bags are going to take some shifting!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CANV CANVINGTON, I just think with all the power of the ocean that there should be enough energy to get them going down, and once they start to compress then they get easier and easier to submerge. One problem though, when we start harnessing the power of the oceans then there will be "scientific" papers pulished on the catastrophic effects of draining the oceans of energy and damping the rotation of the earth.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petemillis indeed or slow th emoon down maybe! , plus all those bags of CO2 will raise the sea level 5 feet wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy