Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blimey - 260 of us now!

Poster: A snowHead
Grrrreat to see everyone here, but a good 50% have registered and not posted anything!

That surprises Shocked me - come on you silent ones, get stuck in!

I'd also guess that there may well be one or two here who have registered more than once in various guises Question
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The non-posting were invisible in SCGB...

(like the sig by the way!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ian - quite liked this one too Laughing

"I think my favorite sport in the Olympics is the one in which you make your way through the snow, you stop, you shoot a gun, and then you continue on. In most of the world, it is known as the biathlon, except in New York City, where it is known as winter. ~Michael Ventre, L.A. Daily News "
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mark Hunter wrote:
Thanks Ian - quite liked this one too Laughing

"I think my favorite sport in the Olympics is the one in which you make your way through the snow, you stop, you shoot a gun, and then you continue on. In most of the world, it is known as the biathlon, except in New York City, where it is known as winter. ~Michael Ventre, L.A. Daily News "

ahr ahr Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's taken me this long to find an alternative to the SCGB chat rooms where you don't get abused for posting an opinion ! Good to see some familiar names, although I have succumbed to using a pseudonym
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's a bit like being at a masked ball!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know, it's just that I felt a bit more secure using a mask when registering at a website that I had never heard of !
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you wish to reveal yourself, admin can change your login name, and it applies retrosectively to your old posts. I started off as Pete H but some didn't recognise me from the Ski Club site.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
281 now, 21 in day, tremendous.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
More impressive is that the overall level of participation is increasing as well. This means the new users are actually contributing (or at least browsing).

Two days ago, the max users on at one time was 20 (IIRC)
Yesterday it was 30 (I think)
So far today it is 38.

We're growing!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've noticed the views/postings ratio is very high here (average 10:1?) compared to other forums whcich I've used (as low as 100:1). This means a) people are actively interested and willing and able to contribute b) I'm very sad.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

b) I'm very sad.

You and me both, Micheal! See my efforts at collecting statistics in Lost & Found.

Possibly this is because the site is still very young and over time it will accumulate more and more signed up but non-posting members...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Over 150 people have joined though and either a) posted nothing, or b) only posted once and not at all in the last three days.

Is that more than expected??
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Perhaps some people have a life away from their computers. Or maybe they've gone skiing... snowHead free
snow report
What are you implying, MartinH? snowHead
snow conditions
I'm one of those lurker types - every forum community needs them to be 'complete'... Wink

Nah, seriously, I post a little bit here and there but am more or less sitting out the storm before I put my whole foot back into the water...

I am leaving this Thursday for Soll in Austria where I begin repping on Saturday for 3 weeks and I cannot wait to see snow! If anyone is out there, do come meet up with me to ski or just say hello. I am hoping to be online while I'm out there so will try to pop in to keep up my lurking duties... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
masopa, be cool - I think we actually have quite a high ratio of active posters. People are different; some are happy to lurk around - and they're very welcome to do so if that's what they want. I hope we have an atmosphere here where people will feel happy about making their first posts.

I experimented with chatrooms a while back and found starting that absolutely terrifying. Shocked

Hope you enjoy your trip to Soll, Tracy, I'm jealous! Mr. Green (Might want to drop a note into the Trips section, probably the best place to find follow travellers)
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
masopa, be cool

Laughing bit late for that!!! I've become a
snow conditions
Ian, this is a high ratio site. ( but it is only new)
If you look at ski.com.au (or "SnoInfo" as they call themselves) you'll see that while they have around 8000 members (haven't checked their figures in a while), and they've been going for several years, but if you look at the number of members with less than 10 posts, you'll see that it's a high percentage. They probably only have around 100-200 "active" members who post on a regular basis.
snow report
Another 93 joined in the last week - fantastic snowHead
ski holidays
I think most of us go through a few stages in participating in a forum.

Green Runs - Lurking and Confused, little control. An age is spent trying to figure out what people are on, how the site works and whether it's actually interesting and pitched at your level.

Blue Runs - Able to make controlled posts on familiar subjects. Having found your way around the site and identified some key players, and even who to ask for advice, you participate in discussions that fit within your experience. Starting threads is still too scary.

Red Runs - Happy on all subjects, if lacking experience in more technical areas. Now you begin to experience new sensations as you post in a controlled and linked manner, even starting threads on your own, without instruction. Guru status still evades you.

Black Runs - People come to you for advice, you are an all-forum surfer. Posting in, and starting threads is all the same to you. You'll be name-checked by newbies and referred to in awed tones by regulars. You may be considering some sort of professional qualification as an author, journalist, comedian or pedant.
ski holidays
michael stocking, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Brilliant Michael! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Pete Horn wrote:
If you wish to reveal yourself, admin can change your login name, and it applies retrosectively to your old posts. I started off as Pete H but some didn't recognise me from the Ski Club site.

Or do what I did and make it your sig... Wink
snow report
Excellent Michael! I am more of a red run type, but one who hurtles down at uncontrolled speed (hence the number of posts).

Perhaps I should learn a lesson from the skiing analogy and slow down...
ski holidays
ssh wrote:

Or do what I did and make it your sig...

Yes, something to be encouraged. I notice PG is no longer anonymous, welcome Pete.
snow conditions
I think most people know my name now anyway...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pete Horn wrote:
ssh wrote:

Or do what I did and make it your sig...

Yes, something to be encouraged. I notice PG is no longer anonymous, welcome Pete.

Thanks.... it's a great forum, loads of potential - nice bunch of people.
snow conditions
Another month goes by, and now we've just moved through the 500 mark. Stunning - a deserved holiday U. snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Very much enjoy the site and very pleased that the hard work of the few is being enjoyed by many. Although get very jealous of those about to hit the slopes knowing that I won't until next season. Sad
snow conditions
Ken Lingwood, all the more reason to take refuge here, in this virtual snowsports world. Got me through the long, warm summer nights last year.
snow conditions
501 snowheads snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Somewhere else I suggested a monthly newsletter, prepared by a volunteer, to keep the more reluctant posters informed of developments etc.

But didn't get a response.
ski holidays
PG, mention it to admin when you're buying him a beer snowHead
snow conditions
When - if - he gives me the promised call Smile I'll do just that!
latest report
PG - why don't you do it? Laughing
You seem to have lots of time to rack up 782 posts! rolling eyes
ski holidays
I've made the offer (and others). Several times in fact.
ski holidays
mountain mad, and no jealousy now, just because I'm hors-pissed and you're a mere user NehNeh
latest report
Ah but PG she is a snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy