Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Business in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
plectrum, Alas, I fear you are mislead somewhat here - if it were so simple, it would already be the norm....and I would be out of a job....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

total resort wireless internet

I go on holiday to get away from all that but I LIKE:
Quote:

leave you ski's with our super storage we also service them professionally

Thats £30 for transport saved, £20+ for servicing in the alps or at home plus £x for convenience - I would pay £60 for this, and would take my skis out twice a year from you at least. GVA would be a good base - but a pick up point at the airport might be very costly however.

If I could pick up a mixed case of my favourite wines at the same time as my skis then we'd really be talking success snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plectrum wrote:
Seriously though what are people's view on total resort wireless internet. This is not a difficult thing to achieve actually. You need a main hub at the entrance to the resort which is linked into the main telephone hub and then you need booster transmitters stategically placed around the resort to create a global footprint of overlapping signal areas. This will then provide complete internet services which can be password protected or alternatively free to all but charges are subtley included into other charges of the resort.

You should speak to Peter Jones Very Happy

Most hotels, in France anyway, already offer wifi so are you saying you want coverage everywhere - chairlifts, pistes, mountaintop chalets? Can't see you getting the return on the investment somehow and the resort is not exactly going to welcome brits in to do this either.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Maybe we could start a SnowHeads ski and boot storage franchise? Depots near all major Alpine airports. Ski service if required.

Sounds great doesn't it? But I don't see how it could possibly be priced competitively
snow report
 brian
brian
eng_ch, tbh, when I thought of it, it was as an add-on to a transfer business. Might help with repeat business as well.

I think there's probably plenty of room in the transfer market if the prices the taxis charge are anything to go by.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, and I would suggest getting some screwdriver-proof tyre walls for when the taxi drivers find out where you live....

One of the first questions to ask yourself is what are you looking to achieve? Are you looking to be 1. Rich, or 2. Live a lifestyle - I would suggest that there are not too many people who are rolling in Euros as a result of setting up businesses in the Alps....not in the past decade or so at least....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eng_ch, I hadn't got that far.........
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am looking at the possibility of setting up a transfer business servicing La Plagne Les Arcs
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Redrunmarcus from where as I was interested in a coach business from Grenoble.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
redrunmarcus, I'll book you for next January then
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plectrum, for guaranteed money, get a load of "sorts", pay them a £3.50/hour retainer just to go to clubs and bars to pick up blokes and get them drunk before talking them into parting with vast sums of money in return for "favours", and then pay the "sorts" a percentage of the "favours" money. Provided the "sorts" manage to do at least one "favour" per night for a decent sum of money then you'll be quids in.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
plectrum, I live in Plagne Montalbert in the winter
Martin Nicholas, I'll make sure I make people aware once I sort it all out
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski and boot storage (and dispatch to the appropriate resort) and resort transfers are things I'd go for as a consumer...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
plectrum,
if you are serious about the wine side of life, can I suggest you give these guys a call:

http://www.atdv.eu.com/

Richard and Tim have a place in Arcs1950: this was their second season, and it would appear now they are established, do OK out of it. They may be able to offer some advice on what to look out for, capital outlay and work ethic required.

Or they may see you as a rival and shoot on sight...

For everyone else, they get some great local wine, at local prices (as being French-based give them an 'in' with all the right sort of wine producers), - they then can also shop to the UK.

[/Advert]

its just that I just love drinking in their shop/bar and then buying vast quantities of whatever they have been serving that night Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Personally, I no longer have need for ski and boot storage, but looking at lots of threads on here made me think about it. Everyone is always complaining about their gear going missing, or the expense of the ski carriage.
ski holidays
Actually I'd pay good money to be rendered unconscious on the Friday before my departure to be transferred in same state to my hotel/appartment to awaken early on Sunday morning to start my skiing - repeated at the end of holiday. I'm sure Jonpim could be useful here...

Helen, at the very least you'd hope buying your own appartment in the mountains would give you somewhere to store your skis Toofy Grin
snow report
Hoppo, no, you just need a bottle of malt and an understanding wife rolling eyes rolling eyes .
snow report
JimW,

Coiol site you mates have and the wines are top > Pertaringa good producer!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy