Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When are winter flight schedules to be issued?

Poster: A snowHead
Any one know roughly when the budget airlines issue their winter flight schedules? which month for example?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jet2 waited untill the end of July last year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last year, Easyjet was June, Ryanair (which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole....) July/August I think

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 26-04-07 16:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No idea, but I got my Eurotunnel booked for Christmas.
Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The return journey isn't yet available though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
The return journey isn't yet available though.

Don't worry. It just means you may have to stay forever! Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, Cool snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, the best way to find out is to keep an eye on Snowheads. Even if you are on easyJet's email alert system it takes them several days to tell you the schedules are available, by which time some flights have already gone up a lot. Snowheads are more reliable! I booked half term Sunday/Sunday flights within a couple of hours of the schedules being available, last year, and by the following morning they were twice the price. Someone will put an early alert on Snowheads (having booked their own flights, natch) wink wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, just trying to work out when i need to keep an eye out, as you say things move fast. Looks like i have a few months yet. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont wrote:
No idea, but I got my Eurotunnel booked for Christmas.
Very Happy

Toofy Grin I wish I could be so organised, I know Iam going I'm just not sure which day yet Laughing
As for coming back....... Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get A Life !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, only the outward journey, we don't cross enough times to take advantage of the frequent user scheme, and my Tesco vouchers pay for them, so the earlier I book the cheaper the fare.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray,

Easyjet and Jet2 both say that it is 3 months after the end of the current (winter) timetable. If you put yourself on their emailing list they will notify you when the new winter flights become available.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Except that someone on SH's will probably tell you first.
snow report
Quote:
I wish I could be so organised, I know Iam going I'm just not sure which day yet

One of the many great things about Eurotunnel, apart from the fact that you get free crossings with Tesco vouchers, is that you can change your mind about when you go and, very often, not have to pay any more, even if you originally booked early and got it cheap. I've never quite worked out their system, but it's great to know it's flexible, and also that if you turn up early you don't have to wait around till the crossing you've booked.
ski holidays
pam w, but my only problem is I have now had to stop shopping at Tesco, so this lot of vouchers will be the last.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, what did you do to get banned from their stores Shocked
snow report
Elizabeth B, wink that's for me to know.
Laughing Laughing
latest report
www.Thomsonfly.com have today released Doncaster > Geneva route, 4 times a week, prices starting from £22.99 each way all in.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
masmith, just priced a weekend before Xmas, out 13/12, back 17/12. £36 all in. Bit of a long drive for me though.
ski holidays
www.Thomsonfly.com have a bit of a sale on at the moment, have just secured return flights Man > Salzburg for a long weekened in Jan for £46 return.
snow conditions
masmith, the half term prices next year look steep. About £400 return Sun-Sun. Shocked
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, I have even looked at KLM via Leeds and Teesside to GVA, okay there is an hour in Schipol but they work out just under £200 each.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, cheers, that's more in the ballpark - I may be looking hard at those this weekend.
ski holidays
Thomson is £1500 for my family over Easter, paid £750 last year, and around half that the year before with Jet2, I hope this isn't a sign of pricing to come......
snow report
 brian
brian
flyglobespan flights are out for Edinburgh and Aberdeen to Geneva.
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Thomson is £1500 for my family over Easter, paid £750 last year, and around half that the year before with Jet2, I hope this isn't a sign of pricing to come......
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc,
Quote:

the half term prices next year look steep. About £400 return Sun-Sun

Ouch ! Sorry about that.

kitenski,
Quote:

Thomson is £1500 for my family over Easter, paid £750 last year

We now always go skiing at Easter, over the last couple of years we've found Swiss / BA to be better value over Easter than the budget airlines, for example for Easter 08 we're flying Heathrow > Basel for less than £100 p/p return with BA, Saturday flights with good times, no charges for ski carriage to boot. There's four of us so that's quite a saving.
ski holidays
masmith wrote:
Mosha Marc,
Quote:

Ouch ! Sorry about that.

kitenski,
Quote:

We now always go skiing at Easter, over the last couple of years we've found Swiss / BA to be better value over Easter than the budget airlines, for example for Easter 08 we're flying Heathrow > Basel for less than £100 p/p return with BA, Saturday flights with good times, no charges for ski carriage to boot. There's four of us so that's quite a saving.

With variation in school holidays for next Easter (many schools will have their spring break away from the Easter bank holiday itself) it might be possible to get flights for a sensible price rather than a 'school holiday' price.
latest report
rob@rar, Yeah I've noticed that, my brothers kids have their holidays after Easter .. how strange. So when is Easter? We break up Fri 21st March then go away the next day

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 1-06-07 10:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
To answer my own question, Easter is on Sunday 23rd March 2008

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 1-06-07 10:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 brian
brian
masmith, easter is 23rd March.
ski holidays
brian, beat ya!
latest report
masmith wrote:
Mosha Marc,
Quote:

Ouch ! Sorry about that.

kitenski,
Quote:

Unfortunately I live in Leeds so driving to Heathrow ain't an option........

BA from Manchester to Geneva is £66 out PP, and £228 back PP Shock

regards,

Greg

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 1-06-07 10:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
masmith wrote:
rob@rar, Yeah I've noticed that, my brothers kids have their holidays after Easter .. how strange. So when is Easter? We break up Fri 2st March then go away the next day

Schools around here have their holiday in the first two weeks of April (which I think might be the pattern for future years, regardless of when Easter falls).
snow report
Quote:

Really ? I'm in Sheffield and Heathrow, while not ideal, is certainly worth the extra hour and half drive (as opposed to Manchester) to save that sort of money. If travelling at weekends or for early flight it's a total doddle down the M1, 2 hrs 45 door to door.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, Manchester to Lyon with BMI ? Just checked, it's about £200 return going out Easter Saturday, about half of that on the Sunday or the Saturday the following week.
ski holidays
masmith wrote:
Quote:

Really ? I'm in Sheffield and Heathrow, while not ideal, is certainly worth the extra hour and half drive (as opposed to Manchester) to save that sort of money. If travelling at weekends or for early flight it's a total doddle down the M1, 2 hrs 45 door to door.

Heathrow is 3+ hours for me assuming no traffic, Leeds Bradford is 20 mins, parking is probably half the cost in Leeds as well.....

It's just not worth the hassle for me and young kids IMHO, going out is probably ok, coming back late on the Sunday from Heather before school isn't really an option....

Jet2 haven't issued their winter flights yet, so I hope they are reasonable....

regards,

Greg

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 1-06-07 10:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Quote:

Jet2 haven't issued their winter flights yet, so I hope they are reasonable
But they never are for peak dates Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy