Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sefaus Fiss Landis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about next seasons trips, can't wait any longer.

Has anyone visited and skied the area of Serfaus Fiss Landis?

Looking for feedback on skiing, accomodation, easy transfers.

Tnx

Bob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I havent, but as i can speak German i often visit www.alpinforum.com and that place raves about the area...

As far as i know, its basically completely unknown to the brits and has a very modern lift infrastructure and nice confidence building and cruising pistes. Its meant to be fantastic for families also, but probably not the best for apres right into the night, but i bet its still fairly decent Austrian apres Wink

Visit http://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/ and certainly check out this page:
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20493&highlight=serfaus+fiss+ladis
its a german snow report, but just check out the fantastic pictures for which no german is needed Wink

Serfaus and Fiss are the two more upmarket resorts and they both have lots of good quality hotels, and also some appartements. Ladis is the cheaper option i believe.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bob, A great place - especially for families. Stayed in Serfaus which is car free and getting from one end to the other is handled by a tube train that runs on air. Few people lug skis around thanks to a very well organised depot system at the lift station (run by a Brit). Ski area is perfect if you enjoy wide, perfectly groomed reds & blues. Uplift is very modern and queue-free. Hotels are your usual high quality, good value Austrian up to 5 star. Recommend the Schalber or Cervosa. Transfer just over an hour by taxi from Innsbruck. Tons of skiing over to Fiss and Ladis -certainly enough to keep most people happy for a week. It's v snowsure too. It's a gem of a place so please don't tell anyone - mainly Germans and Austrians there but not enough to overwhelm the system. Loads of fun on mountain stuff for kids. Forget off piste. Nightlife is pants though unless you take your own with you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went there in January, flew Ryanair to friedrichshafen then train to Landeck then bus pretty easy if you dont mind lugging your gear on and off trains. Austrian train networkwebsite supplies timetable which even includes platform numbers for train changes and every detail was spot on. Spectacular scenery on journey.
No Brits in resort mainly Dutch. Apres straight after skiing jumping, quieter later.
Good range of runs but piste grooming poor. Home runs always mayhem.
Attractive,quality village but expensive. Hotels very nice stayed at the Astoria in the middle of the village good but avoid ice rink side because it has the same tape of euro pop on loop from 4-10 pm.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

but piste grooming poor. Home runs always mayhem

That just goes to show. A resort review is only ever a snapshot... when i went there (December 05) the opposite was true.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spenney, What are the logistics of the Friedrichshaven-Landeck-Serfaus transfer. Was it one train or do you have to change? What was your airport-resort transfer time? Would you recommend it with small kids as well as luggage/skis in tow?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy