Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski poles/walking poles?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to goat oooh the ski shop next week to get my free ski service, and thinking about buying a new pair of poles. Have any of you used the Leki adjustable walking poles for skiing? Can they be fitted with baskets?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petemillis wrote:
I'm going to goat oooh the ski shop next week to get my free ski service, and thinking about buying a new pair of poles. Have any of you used the Leki adjustable walking poles for skiing?

Yes, the carbon 3-piece. They're a bit clunkier than my usual Scotts.

Quote:
Can they be fitted with baskets?

Oh my yes. In fact I use the Leki Deep Powder Basket on all the non-race poles.
http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm/LEK701
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for that Comprex. Looks like they'll be a nice summer purchase for me then!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the two-piece adjustable Leki, they are fine as long as the lock is tight enough. Not too heavy either. Best part is the long foam grip which you can use without heavy gloves and not get cold hands.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petemillis,

Have a look at Black Diamond carbon poles. I used the 2 piece adjustables on hire and then I bought a pair as did BernardC
They have a screw-in basket type so I bought some of those for spares as well.

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/gear/poles_overview.php
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT wrote:
petemillis,

Have a look at Black Diamond carbon poles. I used the 2 piece adjustables on hire and then I bought a pair as did BernardC
They have a screw-in basket type so I bought some of those for spares as well.

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/gear/poles_overview.php

I'm a cheapskate and bought the traverse alu BD poles. Excellent so far and can't fault the flicklock unlike many other walking poles I've used which slip like crazy. 3/4 basket is neat too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob, I was wondering about the 3/4 basket - any idea what the idea is behind that? Looks neat.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What's happening to my posts tonight.

I thought I had posted on here to say that I think that's a brilliant effort petemillis,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
petemillis wrote:
fatbob, I was wondering about the 3/4 basket - any idea what the idea is behind that? Looks neat.

Teeth on the the "unbasket" part for traction when pushing on hardpack or uphill skin tracks etc.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob,

The flicklock was the clincher. I used them all week without a slipping problem..which as you say, is a huge plus over other poles I've tried.

petemillis,

It is supposed to be a powder basket and a walking basket...not sure about that, but they work well in deep snow and the twist/screw -on mechanism is a good idea. I am not sure how compatable they are with other baskets, so I bought a few when I ordered them.

I got them from Telemark-P
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy