Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New low cost route Birmingham Chambéry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New route of interest to Midlanders? Apparently special offer flights alrady on sale...
Quote:
Flybe. launches ski route from Birmingham to Chambery
22nd September 2004

Flybe., Europe’s third largest low fares airline, today announces a further expansion of its services to France from the UK, with the launch of a new route from Birmingham to Chambery.

Travellers in the Midlands can now fly direct to the popular ski resorts of Chambery with flights priced from just £39, available for booking today at www.flybe.com.

Flybe. currently operates the Chambery route from Southampton Airport and its success has led to the Birmingham launch, with the first flight taking to the sky on 8th January 2005. This takes the total number of routes operated by flybe. out of Birmingham International up to twelve.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How reliable is Chambery when it comes to weather-related closure? I think I read somewhere that because it is situated in a narrow valley with a large lake it gets more than its fair share of dense fog which leads to flight diversions.

Regards

Rob
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk, here you are. Our previous thread on this. Yes it can be a dodgy one on runway length (so airlines are really hot on checked baggage weight), fog and wind-shear.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian, thanks. I think it was that thread that I read (I have a memory like sieve!). If I can get reasonable price car hire from Chambery I think I might give it a try from either Birmingham (near the office) or Southampton (not too far from home).

Regards

Rob
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, About an hour from Chambéry to Bourg St Maurice, far less hassle in driving terms...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, pleased to help. For independent travellers a diversion to Lyons or Geneva is not such a disaster. It really stuffs the TOs, however. And it can't be too frequent an occurence or airlines wouldn't be increasing their flight frequencies to it. When it works, it's great. I actually took off 20 minutes early once on a charter flight. Everybody on board, no mucking about for a take-off slot, so off we went.

Now I recall we also had something on car hire from Chambery ...... your turn with the search engine. Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kuwait_ian, indeed you're right:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2007

PG, I used Chambery for the first time last year for a pre-Christmas trip with Crystal Ski. Great little airport close to the Tarantaise resorts, but had to hang around for 90 minutes after we landed for another flight to come in. Booking a car there would solve that problem.

Regards

Rob
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Excellent news. Why couldn't they say earlier? i.e. before I booked my "Free Tour of Germany" flights with Lufthansa!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a quick check on this and most other "cheapie" airlines llike Sleazyjet etc. No fares for April!!
BA to Geneva 2nd April £370 from Isle of Man. But it's the only airline that's actually taking bookings.
The problems of living on a rock! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No doubt good news... but having just checked the website, would be even better if they had any outbound availablilty anytime from 26dec - 3jan !

Edit ...and better yet if there was more than one outbound flight per week !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy