Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you used your probe?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Three of us went into the avalance park in Courchevel a few weeks back.

What was interesting was that my probe that used a locking cap to lock in the cord wasn't very good! In certain situations the probe came apart, and eventually the outer sheath of the cord got shredded by the locking cap.

In contrast my 2 friends had simpler designs where you knot the rope, and then unscrew the cap to tighten.

Their's appeared flawless, so mine is going back for a similiar design.

If you haven't used your probe I certainly recommend trying it out in deep snow next time you are out.

regards,

Greg

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 14-04-07 11:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, thank you. Only used my probe so far for mock jousting match. I will go and review its design.
It looked tough - got it from S&N on an Avalanche Evening.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, no. It is the biggest gap in such avalanche rescue training that I have, I think. I see some training is on offer during the EOSB, so, hopefuly, I will get some experience then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope I never have to but mine has a strenghtened string which should not shear. It did worry me though as does the carbon pole which doesn't look unbreakable , in a fall for example. These things should be taken out of the bag and checked quite regularly, I'd say
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnQ and I have only just bought our own avvy gear which will get its first outing next week. Like JT we're hoping to get some experience on the training session in VT, all we've done so far is hidden our transceivers in the garden and found each others. I've never even put my probe together Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JT mine has strenghtened string as well, it was the outer sheath that went, the inner still functioned so it still worked...I just had to rebuild it after a few probes!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Could you tell me which make you have? I have an ortivox.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alltracks Academy,

I have a carbon Ortovox
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy