Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too much emphasis in winning in Olympics - says Bode Miller

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Miller feels there's too much emphasis in winning in the Olympics. Well, he's among the greats - but it is a surprising thing to say. I thought winning was what the top athletes aimed to do.

Bode Miller wrote:
Being the front man for it in the last Olympics, I thought it was terrible," he said. "That was the reason (my behavior) was so terrible.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Miller also wrote:
Quote:
"In my mind, I'm better than any other racer.... I've been racing against those guys for five, 10 years. Given equal conditions, I feel I can beat those guys any day."

Yeah, he doesn't need to race anyway - he already knows he can beat anyone else in his mind so what's the point in proving it to the world. Sounds like a cop-out to me - knew he was beat!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree with him, and so does

as far as I know.
Click here to enlarge eagle.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why can't he just say, He wasn't good enough on the day?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The real issue for Miller is not the winning - he's proven himself a master time and time again - its the means of winning. He vented opinions on performance-enhancing drugs which undermined the ethics of sport ... though at least he can be credited for airing his views publicly ...

... unlike the wretches who cheat in secret.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, as we know, taking EPO could make skiing very much safer and mean the difference between life and death at the end of a long run. I reckon maybe if I took EPO when I'm working on a build then I should be able to dig, mix concrete and carry things even better and far more safely than I do now!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Whatever he thinks of the Olympic he should have kept to himself until he wins it!

But he's not going to say that when he actually wins it. It would have undermind his advertising value if he does.

Now that he DIDN'T win, he "suddenly" realize something wrong about the whole thing? Even though I happened to share that same view personally, him saying that without winning it still sound likes sour grape to me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been thinking about this today and decided that I won't be bothering with the Olympics. It's a bit too Eurovision for me, and I'd win the combined skiing anyway, so basically I've got nothing to prove or gain.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If he said what the report says he said, he sounds like a spoilt brat. Oh dear - the variables! well, strangely enough they were the same for everyone else too. Of course you all know he's sooooooooo not my favourite skier! rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, is he a bit of a John McEnroe?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
petemillis, I think McEnroe was more consistent even on his worst behaviour. Bode is brilliant at his best - but that isn't often. then he seems to delight in behaving badly which sets a really bad example for the youngsters. In addition the "I;m the best" stuff is soooooo bloody boastful american Twisted Evil Well this year and last, he clearly wasn't and now he's 30 I doubt if he will be again, as to stay at the top after 30 requires a dedication that he doesn't appear (on the surface) to posess. Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maier comes back from a serious accident to win again while Bode can't even recover from a night on the booze. rolling eyes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm quite good at recovering from a night on the booze once I've spoken on the big white telephone. Looks like I'd have an instant advantage!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did you know, Eddie the Eagle Edwards was all set to win the Olympics ski-jump for us, but decided it was all dangly bits so pulled up short.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, But the variables apparently don't affect the Herminator so badly! rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
Miller complains a lot, coulda woulda etc but the variables were not good.
Never heard him complain about getting too much money from the ski industry though, funny that.
ski holidays
DB, yes, and the same pressure didn't seem to effect his golden team mates Ted Ligety and Julia Mancuso... mind you, they didn't invite a couple of Playboy models back to their trailer for an "all nighter" just before an Olympic DH. Charismatic though he is, I think we've heard enough. I preferred Bill Johnson who told the world he was going to win the Olympic DH and went out and did just that. I'm also a little disappointed in the way Miller has hijacked my good name.
ski holidays
The history of sport is littered with supremely talented people who to a lesser or geater extent have failed to exert the dominance or longevity their talent alone may have indicated e.g. George Best, Gazza , Alex Higgins. So Bode might fall into this latter category but it might also be true that he didn't need the Olympics as much as some of the others e.g. he still commands more column inches & possibly endorsements than Ted the Shred etc
snow report
fatbob, and he's even commanding a good chunk of snowHeads' column inches!

has anyone heard the "story" that Lewis Hamilton might not bother with Formula 1 any more? He already knows he can potentially beat the other drivers after a great start to the season, so of course he has nothing left to prove. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy