Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Easter pics and video

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a busy day of photo uploading, here are some pics from St Anton from earlier this week

A sunny Holy Thursday, moi on the road down from Oberdorf with St Anton village behind me

The top station of the new Galzigbahn

Zurs village from the Albonagrat mountain above Stuben

Ulmer Hutte, a landmark restaurant below Valluga

These guys are hiking up the side of Valluga, they must not have had a guide so couldn't take the cablecar with their skis, it was a very steep looking hike

wooden bridge off the side of Valluga, didn't really fancy it myself!

Looking down from Valluga, I'm not great for heights so didn't lean out too far

Plate on the ground at viewing platform on Valluga, dividing two regions of Austria

On the Weiss Ring between Zurs and Zug

Red 14 from Valluga, who said there was no snow in the Arlberg!

The season workers race on Easter Tuesday, from Taps bar to the bottom

Here is a video I took of someone skiing nice soft stuff above Stuben, it was a hike up to it so didn't go there

http://youtube.com/v/z6IF1Afysnc

Me with my new Volkl Karma 185s skiing down to St Christoph in the afternoon slush

http://youtube.com/v/u9oFT7n17XE
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter, it is a beautiful mountain range, and it looks like you stayed close to where we did on that road in the top picture. We were at Haus Elisabeth (strongly recommended).

I will definately visit again.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plectrum, We were in Haus Markus Strolz, I think it's across the road, Yes it's a great place.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter did they completely clean the room every 2 days. When I say completely they even picked up my underwear Wink

The service from our hosts the Horngachers was superb. The view was good looking out to Rendl, it was on the road that leads back from Moose Bar, and the flat was super big.

Also that Galzig Bahn is a work of art and ultra efficient - in comparisson to the antiquated mess at Chamonix it was awesome
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
plectrum, They did clean the room frequently, although they didn't wash my ski socks! I never got any further up that road, gravity was too much although did walk up to the Mooserwirt on the last night via the side of the slope! Initially went up a path beside the ski musuem but it reached a dead end at a river, so climbed up the bank to just below the Mooserwirt, but my girlfirend didn't fancy the steep slope scramble. But it was too steep to get down again so my girlfriend had to leg it back to near the Galzigbahn and do a grass, mud, snow and ice hike, she wasn't too happy!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice pics.... the hike looks brutal.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its a nice hike, gets the lungs mildly going.
In the Arlberg the Altitude is not to great 2800-2900 M .
When you try this kind of hike in some parts of Colorado at 4200Metres + you really do feel you maybe taking your last breath Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, walking up the street to Oberdorf at 1300m was enough for me! That climb in boots and skis on back at sea level would be tough. I did once go from sea level to 4100m in less than 24 hours, my body didn't like it much!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In your first picture on the left is Haus Kleinhaus. The son Franz who runs the haus with his mother Maria is one of St Anton legendry telemark/tourers. He knows all the peaks around there & doesnt take any lifts. Its not unusal to se him up 8000M peaks in The Himalayas with his mountain bike. Really nice guy. Difficult to stay in his house unless you can show (im joking of course) advanced telemark skills thats why generally his house is full all season with Scandinavians
His ski season is just starting after the crowds have left St Anton.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy