Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bit of a Dilema

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was planning on attending the EOSB this year but breaking my arm (humerous bone) March 20th sadly put an end to my skiing this year or so i thought.
I was also planning to stay on for a second week in an apartment down the road cos im a greedy so and so and return to the uk May 7th.
Well the arm is mending well (no operation required)i'm in physio now and i'm now tempted to go for that second week.That would be 6 weeks since i broke it.
Work commitments sadly prevent attending the EOSB.
The problem is insurance will i be covered or will this be too soon and classed as an existing condition.
Obviously i know i must take it a little easy,No risk taking or crazy stuff.
The Doctors dont want to see me again as all is fine, just physio now and she's positive.

Also a big plus is my private instructor has finished working for esf for this season and is available for the week.
So do i go ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
go go go. on a skiing holiday some years back my mate took a major tumble on day 3 and *shattered* his wrist, when he had it seen to properly in the UK he had pins out of his arm for about 6 months. Depsite that he was skiing on days 5 and 6 with one pole and the broken arm in a sling.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would say go, but ring your insurance co to let them know. H fractured a vertebrae in Kitz at Christmas, and we were skiing again in March. If you are not seeing the doctor any more then they should be fine with it. The insurance company need to know and may charge you a little extra to cover any arm-related claims, they charged us an extra £4!

So well worth it!

D
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leave it 'til next year you impatient muppet Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would say "don't go" as your journey to the snow and back is going to mean an end to skiing for future generations. Please consider the environment rather than just your selfish desires. In fact, you really should lay off skiing next year as well.

Yours,
Pete Millis B.Sc (Hons) Environmental Science and Management wannabe leader of sHITE
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
petemillis, looks like you taking the movement seriously.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles wrote:
petemillis, looks like you taking the movement seriously.

It would be nice if we could all pass an agreement soon on certain issues that have been raised and how we should proceed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Topsmoke, tricky one.
I fractured my olecranon the end of January. It was fixed, and I still went skiing in February (Val d'Isere) and March (Saas Fee).
But, I discussed both these trips with my surgeon and the insurance company (Snowcard).
I also knew the risk I was taking. A bad fall could have been nasty.
Kid's bones heal fast. Adults bones take longer. Ancient adults (such as I) take months to fully heal.
But as my injury was caused by slipping on the stairs, and I was still going up and down said stairs, it seemed odd to avoid skiing which had never caused me serious injury. snowHead

Your risks depend on the precise details of your injury - which bit of your humerus is broken?.
Before going you must talk to your orthopaedic advisor (preferably a consultant who also skis) and your insurance company.
Then you must consider the consequences of the Worst Scenario: you fall badly on the arm and break it again. It is far from fully healed and will break much more easily than when it is fully healed.

P.S. I am a tad confused by your initial post: are you or are you not coming to the EOSB?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Topsmoke, if you're confident enough that it's ok, and the doc is ok about it, then just phone the insurance co to let them know. Then go and have fun - last chance of the year.....there might never be snow again!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim wrote:
Topsmoke, tricky one.
I fractured my olecranon the end of January. It was fixed, and I still went skiing in February (Val d'Isere) and March (Saas Fee).
But, I discussed both these trips with my surgeon and the insurance company (Snowcard).
I also knew the risk I was taking. A bad fall could have been nasty.
Kid's bones heal fast. Adults bones take longer. Ancient adults (such as I) take months to fully heal.
But as my injury was caused by slipping on the stairs, and I was still going up and down said stairs, it seemed odd to avoid skiing which had never caused me serious injury. snowHead

Your risks depend on the precise details of your injury - which bit of your humerus is broken?.
Before going you must talk to your orthopaedic advisor (preferably a consultant who also skis) and your insurance company.
Then you must consider the consequences of the Worst Scenario: you fall badly on the arm and break it again. It is far from fully healed and will break much more easily than when it is fully healed.

P.S. I am a tad confused by your initial post: are you or are you not coming to the EoSB?

Hi all,
I Broke the Greater Tuberosity 2 part fractue but it has not moved up as in the picture stayed in the correct position just fractured .
Treatment was :Treatment of 1 and 2 part fractures of the humerus is conservative and the patient is

provided with analgesia and the arm is rested in a broad arm sling until comfortable

following which the arm is mobilised

I was planning to come to eosb and then stay on for another week.
eosb is not an option now not because of arm but because now have work commitments that i can not get out of.
I am still able to take first week in May off though and make use of the apartment i have allready paid for.

Also how much do you think i should offer my instructor/Guide for the week ?
I was thinking along the lines of £500/750 euro for the week 6 days plus i will pay for your lunch each day,+ if i want to go to Tigne / Val we go i Drive + pay for your traveling time.

Regards Mark
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy